Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You forgot "Profit!", brah.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    "work ethic" is an interesting concept when applied to people like Musk - As I understand it, his "work" largely consists of:
    Have an idea.
    Pay someone to figure out if the idea is feasible.
    Convince some other people with money that said idea is the future.
    Write check to get other people to manufacture the idea.
    Convince the tech and business presses that said idea is the future.
    Repeat.
    None of the above needs to be done by living and sleeping in the factory.

You really believe it was all just for show? Those experienced hired managers can’t deliver enough model3s and left, then he takes over and how things turned out lately? If he doesn’t do any actual work in that factory, then perhaps he is the greatest showman ever!

Anyway, besides, typical CEOs probably have no ideas what they’re doing other than just try to maximize next quarters profit by laying us suckers off.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 31st, 2018 at 11:47 PM.

Considering the dumb things that Musk has done that could have seriously hurt the company recently?

Yeah. Its all PR stunts. They always happen when the company is in the news for whatever their most recent failure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, besides, typical CEOs probably have no ideas what they’re doing other than just try to maximize next quarters profit by laying us suckers off.

If this was twitter, I'd use one of those "100!" emojis
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    Considering the dumb things that Musk has done that could have seriously hurt the company recently?

Yeah. Its all PR stunts. They always happen when the company is in the news for whatever their most recent failure is.
    Musk is definitely not mistake free, there were definitely certain PR stunts.

The Thai rescue incident was really pointless and waste of effort, but I can understand why he was mad about that, but he shouldn’t have escalated further like that...

As for the tweet that cost him the chairman title and $20 mil, well, it was worth it to fuck with the annoying short seller in his opinion..,

He’s only human and can make errors and have emotions. Considering how sleep deprived he is...

In the end, you’ll be unwise to write him off. He pretty much always failed to deliver his promises on time(according to his own optimistic target), but he always end up delivering ahead of everybody else.

Man’s got amazing work ethics I tell you. Unfortunately his family end up suffering tremendously. So I would not want to be his wife or kids..., but working for/with him should be cool.

He’ll probably fire me pretty quickly because I won’t be able to keep up with him...

I've finished my move back to Wisconsin, the movers just delivered everything on Monday.

Meanwhile, I've applied somewhere that wants 5!? references. Who asks for 5 references? Granted this job is with a health care company so I expect a few more hoops then normal, but this one seems overly complicated.

So far is been 5 video-response questions that needed to be submitted within 72 hours of the application, a 30 minute phone call tomorrow, 5 references (in progress), and then 2 hours of interviews with 5 different people next week Wednesday. I'm just a marketer, this all seems a bit much.

Maybe the main reason they're doing it is to see if you will go the extra mile and jump through all of the hoops just to get an idea of what kind of worker you will be.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Rich, how do the reported $90k walmart driver jobs compare to the industry standard?
    acket.

I have no idea. The industry standard is mileage pay. What I do know though is that $90/k as a company driver is a very good living. Wal-Mart does take care of their drivers.

Yesterday is what could probably be best described as a "day from Hell". My route was in Grand Rapids, MI. Which is normally a 100 mile two hour drive. January remembered that it was winter...and freezing cold temps combined with light fluffy snow(if it were any fluffier it would've meowed) and three hours later I was finally there. Eighteen stops later I was finally done. I got fuel and had another almost three hour drive back down. Going up I had 6500 lbs, coming back I had a pallet of green avocados(500 lbs or so). So after it was all done I had worked 16.5 hrs, drank two cups of coffee, ate one banana and received one phone call about a potential berating from a customer wondering why they were getting their delivery so late. On top of that I ran out of hours on my 70 hr clock, my 14 hr shift clock and damn near ran out of patience. Was glad that day was over.