Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

The only complaint I have about my job is that for every instance I get to break out the tools and equipment to do a task requiring my skill set and training, I also have to do about 10 other mundane tasks that just about anyone with all their fingers and eyes could do.

But, it's real hard to complain about a municipal job.

My Actual boss and team lead have no clue about my job or pretty much any of the positions in the department. Team lead set up a schedule assigning someone to do my job who isn't trained and never has been.

I'm lobbying to get my actual position transitioned to the Warehouse side of management. especially since my desk is less than 10 feet from all the warehouse ops managers and supervisors desks. i have a few reasons for this but my actual boss being terrible and the current vacation policy are the main ones.

Oh yeah current department that runs 24 hours a day and multiple shifts is only allowed ONE person off on vacation per day, thats right not per shift per day period. So if days has a person off then no one on nights can.

Ouch.

Yup. That's a rough one.

I mean the rule is fine for the other department my boss runs where they have 8 people and work 7 to 5 Monday to Friday. Just not for the one I'm in. If either shift covered hours for the other as well but thats not how its run.

I work for an organisation that is 7 excellent people, and 1 person who has been hostile to me on and off since basically the day I started.

Sadly for me, that 1 person is the office manager, with a direct feed into the ear of the big boss (who lives a considerable distance away, so is rarely in the office). As it is inconceivable to the big boss that the office manager might be mistaken in any matter, there is little point in defending myself against her accusations, and I am departing that job, with much regret.

Fortunately for me, I'm mortgage free and without kids or wives, so I can take my chances. So I'm going through the commercial passenger service licence process, and I'm going to go Ubering at nights, while living at the gym during the day. Try to get rid of the belly fat that has returned with the stressful work situation. ($10,000 fine for the first offence if you're picked up for driving passengers without the correct documents, in case you are wondering about the passenger service licence stuff I mention).

This actually makes two jobs in 3 years that I've said "shove this job" and resigned.

Very nice to have such freedom.

I am self-employed.

So...do you hate your boss or not?