Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Thanks, but it's not nearly that serious. It just gets on my nerves because I believe that perception is reality sometimes - even if subconciously on the part of passive observers - and if there's a guy who needs constant reminders to do his work, perhaps he's not trustworthy.

I wonder if it might be as simple as someone working from home trying to make himself heard so people know he is in fact working and not on the golf course.

Just take comfort in the fact that everyone else sees that guy for what they're doing the same as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Thanks, but it's not nearly that serious. It just gets on my nerves because I believe that perception is reality sometimes - even if subconciously on the part of passive observers - and if there's a guy who needs constant reminders to do his work, perhaps he's not trustworthy.

I wonder if it might be as simple as someone working from home trying to make himself heard so people know he is in fact working and not on the golf course.
    Most likely.

Like I said, if it gets on your nerve, at least take the time to figure out his true motives and kindly ask him to stop it or do it in a way that won’t get on your nerve.

If he won’t change, then maybe you can hit back... like request something from him during regular working hours while he’s playing golf and make sure his boss is on distribution list!

I wasn't really intending to ask for advice as much as for witty one-liners, but thanks for the input.

On to more important things...

Fine! I revoke my insistence that you take comfort!

How about something like...

Thanks for highlighting that important email. I almost missed it because there were several other pointless emails that had come in after it. And the emails are shown with most recent first, so like most people I tend to work backwards through the emails.
    Ill get to it asap, after I finish this email.

Thanks

If being snarky you could add some sarcastic encouragement
    Maybe drop in a:
    I value your help in handling these emails, its nice knowing that you are there to watch my back and make sure we all work to a maximum potential.

"I was on the original email, so I already knew that. But thanks anyway".