Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job And Love It

Minor update:

House is basically sold, conditions close on Friday and the buyer seems to be a cool guy, should be fine. Got the price we wanted for it too, most importantly. Made a ton of money on the sale, the market is crazy righ tnow.

Purchased this house just south of Huntsville. 20 minute commute to the Bracebridge NAPA, so despite being even more "in the middle of nowhere," my commute is way shorter than it is here. Nice mid-70s home, 3 bedroom/2 bath, wood stove, old-fashioned hardwood floors. Large 2-car detached shop, fully finished, on 3 acres with some bush and a creek out back for fishing. Pretty happy with it. And the best part? Fibre-optic broadband right at the driveway. In the middle of nowhere!

The regional manager still has it in his head that I'm going to "try to prove to him I can be a leader" to get offered the management position. But after a big long corporate-double-speak speech from him I'm almost terrified of the idea now. Oh well. Worst case, I'm still a counter guy. I'm still kinda scared about the whole move to be honest, the store isn't doing well but we hope to turn that around. And Tara still has to find work.

Two months to go.

VERY VERY jealous about the high-speed internet service you've got. I too live in the middle of nowhere and have two options for 'high speed' internet, neither of which involve particularly high speeds. Internet in Muskoka has always been good and I don't know if it was infrastructure they put in for the G8 Summit a few years back or if it was/is market conditions demanded by the cottagers.

Quote Originally Posted by shakes View Post
    VERY VERY jealous about the high-speed internet service you've got. I too live in the middle of nowhere and have two options for 'high speed' internet, neither of which involve particularly high speeds. Internet in Muskoka has always been good and I don't know if it was infrastructure they put in for the G8 Summit a few years back or if it was/is market conditions demanded by the cottagers.

I think it's mostly rich Americans who own cottages here. Like Kurt Russell.

I live in the middle of the country in Southwestern Ontario right now and was JUST lucky enough to buy in sight of an Xplornet tower, so I could at least get their Fixed Wireless LTE. Only 10Mbit but at least it's consistent and doesn't cost a fortune. But yeah, this'll be a giant upgrade.

Someone Lori was friends with growing up, their family had a cottage in cottage country. It eventually became so valuable they had to sell it because they could not afford to pay the property tax.

That's an awesome homestead, tigeraid. Congratulations! Seriously.

Thanks. I just hope the job is the right decision. Still nervous as fuck about it.

Unless it kills you, no decision has to be the last decision you make.

If after a year, it isn't for you, give something else a go

Today was a long day coming. Since 2012, I have been working towards going to school for Physical Therapy. Today, I was accepted into the Doctoral program at Slippery Rock University. I can not explain how excited I am about this. So in three years, I will be a physical therapist and have the job I have been wanting for a while!!!!