Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job And Love It

Tentative congrats.

Administrator
    I heard from HR, I have to do the standard background check and I had to actually fill out an application, which I imagine is just kept on file in case they need to use it against me later. Other company has not gotten back to me after odd interview yesterday. I think I did well on it, as I came up with the same strategy to solve an issue as they did, but the guy was so bad at explaining the problem that it took me about 20 minutes just to figure out what the hell he was asking me.

At any rate, I think I'm in good shape and have asked that the Monday interview be moved to Wednesday so I can go hiking.

Administrator
    I got the offer letter and have signed it. I know it's contingent on the background check, but it's not like I've got a bunch of felonies or anything, so I think I'm pretty safe in saying I'll be doing engineering at ZipRecruiter. I have a lot of recent and long-time friends there. When I met with my future boss for a lunch interview, we were talking about places he'd worked and he told me he'd been at rent.com. I asked him if he knew a friend of mine who I worked with at eToys and had headed to rent, who had suffered a bad crash on his motorcycle and ended up paralyzed from the waist down. He had, and told me about a fundraising event with a silent auction they'd done for him after the crash. I got to tell him that I was at that event, and that I was the guy who put in the winning bid for the Alice Cooper box set, so even this new guy I'm meeting I have mutual friends with.

It's in a great location, and is super bikeable. I have high hopes. Now I just have to figure out the wording to the other company to let them know that I've accepted another offer.

I'm so happy I get to relax this weekend.

Congratulations Swervo!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is this the Telaviv, habibi?
    acket.

Administrator
    It is, actually. I may be making twice a year trips to Tel Aviv with this job. I'm hoping we can work out the vacation time/money to have Michele come with. I hear it's a great city, so while I'm not looking forward to the jet lag, I am looking forward to the trip.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; June 30th, 2017 at 09:36 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    'grats!
    acket.

Whoomah!