Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job And Love It

So it was all just a 'verbal offer'? Wonder if you just heard it wrong or they just switched it on you...

I guess nowadays we need everything in writing.

Anyway, most important thing is to keep the wife happy. If she's happy, you can be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    ...the regional manager spent half an hour praising me in the meeting. So I almost feel like if I don't take the offer, it'll be like an unofficial smudge on my record going forward.
    The "job offer" for manager turned into an "opportunity for an opportunity to take manager training and psychiatric evaluation (what the FUCK) while still being a counterman and being paid as a counterman."
    Makes me wonder if the RM was making an honest effort to reward you and spread your name around in a good way, or if he's a Machiavellian ladder-climber who needed a warm body to throw under the bus to please his superiors.

Good luck.

So yesterday afternoon one of our drivers happened to somehow wedge his 13' tall truck under an 11'10" railroad viaduct. They had to remove the rear axle to free the truck. The truck is a complete loss. The driver is okay.
    IMG_20180214_170411.jpg
    This is standing at the rear of the truck looking towards the front. The white panel hanging down is roof insulation. The daylight is the hole in the roof.
    IMG_20180214_170309.jpg
    The cab is tweaked as you can't close the doors all the way.
    IMG_20180214_170213.jpg
    Passenger side of the truck. The front and side walls of the box are coming apart.
    IMG_20180214_170150.jpg
    The damage in all of its "glory".

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Shoulda known there would be some corporate fuckery. Can I switch this to Take This Job and Shove It?

The "job offer" for manager turned into an "opportunity for an opportunity to take manager training and psychiatric evaluation (what the FUCK) while still being a counterman and being paid as a counterman."

But after a week of thinking I was headed to promotion, Tara went nuts looking into moving/real estate/employment shit and whatever else, so now she's wanting to move come hell or highwater. Oh well, same job anyway.
    I just want to point out that Rich created this thread to counteract my angsty job thread and now everyone is bitching in this thread.

Not that I care; just want to take the time to point out that the internet has stomped out yet another attempt at joy.

Administrator
    Re: Speedpimp's post, this page is always a good time.

https://www.facebook.com/11foot8videos/

Today I was able to give comfort to a girl who had a brain tumor.

Both sad and at the same time, beautiful. She should have a full recovery as the tumor is benign.

I do love my job as a nurse, no matter how bad it may be at times.

My feelings about my job haven't changed much at all from the original post in that other thread. I'll get there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I just want to point out that Rich created this thread to counteract my angsty job thread and now everyone is bitching in this thread.

Not that I care; just want to take the time to point out that the internet has stomped out yet another attempt at joy.

At least I started on a positive note!

My positive job note? After three years here at this insurance company, my contracting gig finally has an exit date! Just in time for Spring!

I could really do with a few weeks (months? ) off right about now. Plus we live cheap so we've got plenty of fuck-you-money in the bank.

You'll never break into the Madison housing market with that attitude.