Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

This feels like the homeowner's thread.

But it's actually the garage owner's thread!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Putting it out there, are bait stations worth the extra $ over traditional spring traps?
    acket.

I can't deal with the guilt over killing rats. The few times I've had to deal with mice or rats, we use humane traps and release either by the river or up north in the farmlands. Definitely worth the extra money and time for me.

I have no problem killing the little bastards. However, the spring traps are not as effective as I would like. The traps are disturbed/sprung every night. It has been two weeks. Only three rats were killed so far.

Kid, I talk about garage stuff in here... sometimes.

Mice and rats are pests by definition. I have no problem ending them. Rats especially, as they carry many diseases and are generally unclean.

Spider and snakes are my friends. I won't kill either, because they keep the pest population under control.

Then again, so does Murphy...

Beside the garage, there is a storage closet. It's not quite big enough to house our bikes and yard equipment together. It could be one or the other. (We will probably buy one of those prefab backyard shed kits eventually from the hardware store.) Unfortunately, moisture has rotted the bottom of the door and frame. I plan on fixing it. Alas, the door is an odd size. I had to buy a new slab door with the intention of cutting it to length. I was waiting for the weather to improve to work on it. The forecast looked good for the next few days, so I went at it with the wrecking bar. We planned on buying the stuff to build the new frame later today. Alas, we got a few thunderstorms this afternoon, wetting down the exposed studs, etc. I know this is not a big deal, but not the situation I was hoping for.

Cam came in like a wrecking bar!

Just got an estimate to install an AC unit for the shop. It will not happen right away, but in the near future. Now to contact an electrician.

Got the first major tool for the shop: a dual bevel compound sliding mitre saw. It should help with making the new door frame for the storage room.