Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

Meh.

electric motorcycle?

any second hand Zeros around you?

Motorcycles are too dangerous. How about something safer for the li'l lady, like this?

1989 c70 monster truck 366bbc 5sp - $14500 (kershaw sc)

Hey, this one even has the Redneck package!

Just saw Broken Wheel on Facebook, but didn't want to post this there.

Is it weird that within 3 seconds of seeing it, my brain said, "Damn, he should have made that to look like a cookie with a bite taken out of it, being held by a sculpture of a T-Rex!"

I'm not even on drugs.

It's been a while since I've updated this. I am friends with most people on FB, so most of you already know what I have been up to.

2019 went so well. By the end of the year, I had nearly continuous commissions for art pieces and such. My online following skyrocketed up. I told friends and family that I had finally made it, and that I could finally make a living as a fine artist. I was feeling so good about the direction My Garage was going in... then 2020 came along. It brought about nearly a complete shutdown of online growth and commissions. Three major art events that I participate in annually were cancelled. A gallery that offered me a solo show shut down due to lack of business. Another local art organization that offered me a show cancelled those plans. I even considered going back to the animation biz (remotely) just to have some income. My IG seems to be stymieing my growth and my following has gone backwards in the last six months. All this stuff makes it really difficult to stay motivated to make new work.

It has not been all bad, however. There have been a few commissions and sales, but not nearly as many as in 2019. My YT subscription count has been slowly growing. Freebooters share my stuff daily, so my name is still getting out there. I've been contacted by several organizations for features, partnerships and such. Many I turn down, because they are selling or pitching stuff not related to what I do. For example, I was approached by a rep from a well-known outdoor clothing company with a real money offer. I said no, because I do not want to sell clothes. I did, however, partner with a company that makes carving burrs. A patron picked up a commission today and she was thrilled. It is a good feeling to have a very satisfied customer.

Anyone that subscribes to my YT channel knows that I participated in a day-long livestream event last week-end. I am getting recognition from my fellow YouTubers for the work I do, which is nice. I, and others, feel like my pieces are pretty unique and atypical for YT makers. Many have commented that I deserve more subs. I just do not have the same magic on my YT channel as I have on IG. I do not know what I am doing wrong, or could do better. Maybe if I was prettier and had bigger boobs...

I continue to soldier on. I am really proud of my latest angel piece and will be submitting it to one of the aforementioned major juried art events. I think it has a good chance at winning a prize. For some reason unknown to me, a silly spatula I made from skateboards is gaining more likes than my art pieces. WTF? *facepalm* My most-liked photo is of my cheap-ass racing cockpit made from an Ikea Poang chair and $10 worth of hardware from Lowes. *facepalm* I have a pretty diverse and international following, but pretty disengaged. I had a conversation about followers with a successful YouTuber recently who was of the opinion that followers you get from viral videos are not quality, engaged followers.

Bottom line is, there are plenty of ups and downs, but I just have to keep going and hope things come around. Thanks for reading and being a supportive community, my friends. <3

Ash and I just watched the angel video a few nights ago. Absolutely stunning.
    Same for the lionfish, but not quite as poignant.

I watch you do this stuff but don't know how you do this stuff.

Whuddya do when a well-known celebrity asks, "Do you need a promo?"

"Sure, here are all the links/socials I would like you to include, and some key information. Thank you for donating your time and social media clout!"
    Get that weak shit off my track

I have not responded yet, but I think they will ask for money for a promo. That sounds like a great response, but I am not willing to pay to promote myself on another person's feed.