Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

I HAVE to upgrade the electrical system to accommodate, at the very least, the lathe. I want to get LED fixtures installed for more light. I would need to hire someone to do this, of course.

This is what it looks like right now. Not a bad space. Alas, the floor is sloped to the left side. I like the already built-in shelves, but you need a ladder to reach the highest ones. It's nice to have the windows. Annoyingly, the garage door opener install hangs down several feet from the ceiling. Why would they not be installed closer to the ceiling?

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

The opener has to be in plane to the top of the doors - there's a limit to that height discrepancy and it isn't much.

Looks like a great space nonetheless - some natural lighting and the high ceilings are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    This is what it looks like right now. Not a bad space. Alas, the floor is sloped to the left side. I like the already built-in shelves, but you need a ladder to reach the highest ones. It's nice to have the windows. Annoyingly, the garage door opener install hangs down several feet from the ceiling. Why would they not be installed closer to the ceiling?
    Long term, if it's a really problem, do some research on "jackshaft" garage door openers.

Or put loft storage above the doors. Wood rack?
    Whoomah!

That's a wicked-sweet garage there, Cam!

There are also chain-drive setups with mid-chain pulleys. Gets expensive quickly, for not much practical gain. Next time I am up in Tahoe I will try and snap a picture of the opener at one of the partner's houses... it's nuts.

Alrighty, I will live with it.

Nice garage.

She's a beaut, Cam!

Lori and I dropped over $500 at the hardware store for home improvement supplies. We got: jigsaw, orbital sander, shop vac, shovel, hedge trimmer, axe, plus a few bits and bobs. Our first task is to fix the leaky toilet. Then, we will build shelves in one of the closets. Next, we are going to remove some of the vegetation out back. The previous owners had a rat problem that they "fixed" simply by spreading poison around with a shovel. They did not address the gaping holes in the foundation vents. So we are having someone do some exclusion work to the house to seal up the holes where critters could get in and clean up the disgusting amount of feces in the crawl space. It is a nasty job that we are happy to pay someone to do.