Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

Thank you. To clarify, I was asking for opinions on how I could improve my videos, not project ideas.

In my defence, I like Star Wars. I do not play Nintendo.

No defense needed, you do you, you make great content.

Thanks, pal!

Admittedly, as I was editing my latest video, I was wondering to myself, "How can I make this just a little longer?" (That's what she said.)

That's actually really interesting. When I browse Youtube any content over about 8 minutes is almost an automatic pass, my brain feels like if I'm going to watch something that long I may as well commit to 22 minutes of a sitcom. So just appending something on the end of the video would cause people like me to not browse to it. I'm probably in the minority though.

You could make the videos longer by taking all your raw footage and running it sped-up as a time-lapse over some public domain music. I did something like that with one of my track videos, appended the drive home to the end of the video just for the heck of it. Would extend out your video without having to change the content you're actually making. It wouldn't rapidly accelerate your ability to get to your monetization duration requirement but a certain percentage longer per click will have an impact.

Up to this point I have been very judicious with my edits and use a lot of sped-up footage. For the latest video, I simply did not speed up the video as fast as I would have normally. I do not believe interest suffers for it and the video is still only about 1.5 minutes long.

I agree with the length of the videos. If something is over about five minutes, I will skip through it because most of the time it is boring as paint drying. That is why I keep my videos under four or five minutes. Most of my videos are between 2-4 minutes. I want to keep the interest level up.

I watch all videos at 1.5 speed if there is talking, double-speed if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Thanks, pal!

Admittedly, as I was editing my latest video, I was wondering to myself, "How can I make this just a little longer?" (That's what she said.)
    It's not the length, it's how you monetize it.

Thank you to all my friends here that support, watch, and like my content. Y'all are my brothers.

We had a good laugh at the abstract sculpture video the other day.

David of Make Something gave me a shout on Making It podcast this week. (For those of you that don't know, they are a group of VERY popular makers.)

Fast-forward to 51 minutes for the money shot:
    https://soundcloud.com/makingitpodca...ac-of-trailers
    Last edited by Cam; March 17th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

You need to win that competition.

Competitive art, I've seen it all.