Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

Buy one of those cardboard Nintendo games and make a replica wood version that won't fall apart in 10 minutes like the original.

Devastating MEGATON!

I'm serious on that one. It would be a modern version of those gilded Monopoly boards that you'd see in the back of magazines.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't forget a mojo enhancer.

Spoiler:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/17/1...e-release-date

The Labo platform is defined by three key characteristics, according to Nintendo: make, play, and discover. The product itself comes in the form of a kit that includes a Nintendo Switch cartridge and a series of cardboard sheets, along with a handful of other building accessories like string and plastic connectors. After you pop the cartridge into the Switch, a series of on-screen instructions on the tablet take you through the steps for building each of the different accessories, which Nintendo is calling Toy-Con (a play on the Switch’s Joy-Con controllers). It’s a setup that is particularly well-suited to parents playing with their children; one person can handle the instructions, while the other builds.
    I'm saying if you bought one of those kits, replicated it in wood, and made it functional your video would probably have a chance of going viral. Particulalry if you do the keyboard:

I suck at that kind of stuff and admire your ability. I don't think it would be too hard since the cardboard project begins as a stamped sheet of cardboard. I imagine you could replicate the sheet in wood, cut out the parts, clean up the sides and paint them nice, and assemble it all.

Just spitballing. If you don't have a Switch I imagine the motivation would be pretty low for you. I could see a video like that getting picked up be Kokatu or Lifehacker or something.
    Last edited by dodint; January 19th, 2018 at 09:02 AM.

Spoiler:

Unless you meant the Monopoly game, I was referring to the old Deluxe Monopoly Wood and/or Gold editions they used to make:

Last edited by dodint; January 19th, 2018 at 09:03 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah!!, Nate's right if you make an easy-ish Labo platform for Switch you're going to hit the millions.

Younger audiences are YT's premier demographic. Kids these days and all that.
    acket.

I am not interested in doing that. I am doing what I want to do, not what I think others want or what might go viral. If I wanted to make a viral video, I would just film myself running into a brick wall.

I Like To Make Stuff already did a wooden Nintendo controller thingy.

Ah, you'll whore yourself for Star Wars garbage but not Nintendo. Got it.

To be fair to you, you asked for constructive feedback and I replied before I read the next page where you said were just going to do whatever you want anyway. It's my fault for wasting time here.

I do enjoy what you do and hope you can monetize it eventually so it can be a self-sustaining hobby. Good luck.