Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: My Garage!

W00t!

That one video has been viewed about 5 million times now, through various content aggregators. A couple of other videos are riding the coattails of that one as well. On my own profile they have tens of thousands of views. Took me a year to grind up to 700 followers/subscribers only to have it more than triple over the week-end. I don't think the momentum is over yet. A content aggregator FB page has asked to share my videos. I gave them permission, but told them they need to give me credit and link to my channel. I think there may be a wild ride coming.

If things get crazy, I may ask for this thread to be deleted to avoid attention. I would rather stay anonymous here.

I need to ask a favour of y'all, my friends. Instead of deleting the thread entirely, would you guys go back to your old posts in here and change any uses of my nickname to "Cam" instead of the other thing? I think it is just George and Drew, but I may have missed some. Thanks, guys.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah sure. Will have a look. You should ask Russ to change the name of the thread as well.
    acket.

Already done.

Hi Cam,

I checked but don't see anything I can change. Please let me know if I missed any and and I'll edit them right away.

Perhaps did some behind-the-scenes changes with his mAdministrative super-powers?

Example: I'm pretty sure I would have used the other thing in post #15 for maximum humor potential, but now it reads as you would like it to (I think), and it doesn't indicate it was edited by anyone.

I think had already made the changes. Thanks though.

I had a couple of viral sites contacted me about sharing my videos. I told them my terms but have not heard back.

Just last week, I told several content aggregators they could share my stuff. Some even wanted to license my stuff. I declined to license, as I want to retain complete control over my work. If you see my stuff appear in random places, you know why. I stipulated that links to my social channels must accompany my videos. I just want to get my name out there. If you see my content posted elsewhere without credit, please let me know.

A younger friend at work turned me on to reddit recently. I have the app on my phone now and enjoy it, despite the often horrendous spelling and grammar. But hey, where else can I watch all those Russian dashcam videos and see cats doing funny stuff with so little effort on my part?

I saw a .gif of you on the front page a week or so ago. You had glued together a bunch of scrap wood and then sanded/shaped/stained it to look like a tree, and added a little swing, I think. I was glad to see it there and assumed it meant good things for you - more popularity, exposure, perhaps YT money, etc.

I don't know how I'd ever find it again, but if I see it, I'll PM you a link (or any other method you prefer).

Edited to add: Found it! PM sent.
    Last edited by George; September 10th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks, G. Yeah, popularity has its issues. Freebooters are sharing my stuff almost immediately after I post it, like my latest Instagram videos.