Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tigeraid's Monte v2.0

Not gonna build Lucas' Tokyo Drift MC?

No, god dammit. No.

I liked that one.

Yeah that Monte was bad-assed.

My childhood best friend had a 72 Monte Carlo. It was Mojave Gold with a black interior, 454 with a 400 Auto.

It was his second car, first was a 71 Chevelle SS. Really cool car. I remember we could work on the engine by taking the radiator shroud out, remove the hood and stand between the engine and the radiator. There was a good 2-3 ft between the engine and the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post

I liked that one.

Eh it's fine I guess. I just really dislike everything about F&F. The wheel and tire treatment is certainly killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    My childhood best friend had a 72 Monte Carlo. It was Mojave Gold with a black interior, 454 with a 400 Auto.

It was his second car, first was a 71 Chevelle SS. Really cool car. I remember we could work on the engine by taking the radiator shroud out, remove the hood and stand between the engine and the radiator. There was a good 2-3 ft between the engine and the radiator.

Yup! It has the same wheelbase as a 4-door Chevelle, which has the added effect of moving the powertrain back from the rad support. Shit-tons of room. Also better weight distribution too.

Well, got it all one colour anyway, before winter hit. Stripped off all the old bondo work that had been done.

Good news is that the bondo didn't hide any rust, only patch panels. The bigger panels only had surface rust and I was able to knock that all off, then epoxy over top. Bad news is, I either got a LOT of body filler to do, or I need to maybe attack a bunch of it with hammer-and-dolly. But I don't have easy access to the inside of the panels, so.... We'll see how my body filler skills have kept up.