Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Did you walk through the Vex milk, the radiolaria? Makes me wonder if there's going to be symbiotic zooxanthelle as a Vex element. Quite a bit of lore in the Inverted Spire strike that's very cool to me. Lovin' it.

I took Cam & Keith up to the doorway of the Lost Sector on the Cistern at the beginning of the Strike. We scaled it and tried to walk around it, eventually getting caught in the ragged structure (both Cam & I had to go to orbit and back to get free). There's a jump ring that appears occasionally that kicks off a jumping/fighting puzzle nearby -- folks are wondering if that's how we'll eventually open the door to the Lost Sector.

The 3rd & 4th voices that speak to you during the Strike come from the Failsafe AI from the ancient Golden Age ship Exodus Black. This ship is different than the crashed colony ship that is visible at the beginning of the Strike. Contains SIVA... and probably Fallen. Most loremasters are thinking that Failsafe's split personalities are probably due to rampancy. Could Failsafe end up pulling a 343 Guilty Spark: nice at first and an enemy later?

Good stuff.
    Ummmm... English please?

Where do you find this stuff?

Nolanbot says something like "Oooh can we stop at the Vex milk falls?!" as you go jumping by after the first data spire you activate in the Inverted Spire strike.

If you turn right at the start of the Strike and either fight/run past the Fallen vs Vex fight, you can go into the milk river -- did you do that? It will cause damage over time and every time you take damage the words "Radiolaria Fluid" show up on the lower left-hand side of your screen.

EDIT: Also remember, you can peruse the Destinypedia, so information about Nessus, Failsafe and Exodus Black has been known for awhile. Also the Destiny Lore Reddit tho' it's a bit disjointed.
    Last edited by novicius; July 25th, 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Junior Potato
    Woah that's all way over my head. I can only deal with one game's lore at a time and since I was a kid it's only been the deep and complex political wranglings of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Regarding the Inverted Spire, I played it again last night and it turns out that I missed most of the level on my first play through. I must've spawned into a half-completed game as all I could see where two player icons floating about two miles from me. All I could do was trek off in that direction and I felt I was getting close, but then I suddenly teleported into the thick of the boss battle.

Man I'm such a noob at this game. I tried the other two competitive games. Bleh. I'll do co-op any time but you can go stuff your king of the hill and bomb defusal into your pants. I'm too old for that shit.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Interesting, I thought the same level was quite dull and disappointing, just shows varied tastes and opinions.
    The game is technically brilliant, we can agree on that, so even the boring stuff looks great. And Bungie has always been very liberal with the different scene variety they've given us.

But most games, even from Bungie, consist of all the same types of scenarios. Rolling grassy hills, or a desert level, or a snow level, forest and fog, or a space station, or a crumbling city. You know, the usual FPS or adventure game trope.

But this level looks like nothing I've ever seen before in any video game. It's stunning. I'd stop and look at the tops of the very geometric square cliffs and it would look like some dystopian painting on a bad acid trip. It's as if Bungie were finally free to turn the art department up to eleventy-thousand, and having rock solid image quality for fine details helps immeasurably. It's like the perfect melding of tech and art.

Now, I could swear blind that I'd seen something like this before, but on canvass. So I looked it up, and I had! Zdzisław Beksiński (pronounced "Zd-jee-swaf Bek-skin-ski") is the artist, known for being able to 'paint your nightmares', and a lot of heavy metal bands have used his work as album covers. I highly recommend you look him up. If Bungie's art team hasn't been heavily influenced by this artist then I don't know what to say. I'm impressed.

Take a sprinkling of:

Add a dash of:

A smattering of:

And the colours from this:

And you get:

It's a dead ringer!

Click for big image

Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 25th, 2017 at 12:34 AM.

I think at one point I described the surface of Nessus as a "Yes" album cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Once Carlo showed Cam and I the rotating super gameplay style, my enjoyment of the game increased.
    Two-man completion of the Spire strike last night with another experienced gamer on my Friends List, we were able to generate x3 Super uses by alternating orb drops. If we had fought in the Fallen vs Vex skirmish at the beginning of the strike, we could have had x4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Man I'm such a noob at this game. I tried the other two competitive games. Bleh. I'll do co-op any time but you can go stuff your king of the hill and bomb defusal into your pants. I'm too old for that shit.
    Eh I was 20+ kills at the top of my team all night last night -- and lost every match. So it's not about the kills, it's about capping A, B & C.

At the end of the Destiny 2 Beta, I think I liked the Deathstalker-4AU (Auto Rifle) the best. Just absolutely melts fools in short-to-medium range AND is possible to outduel a Scathlocke AR at long range occasionally.
    Last edited by novicius; July 25th, 2017 at 11:09 AM.

I'm getting more and more excited by the PvE section of the game.

Last edited by Phil_SS; July 25th, 2017 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I think at one point I described the surface of Nessus as a "Yes" album cover.
    YES!!! (indeed)
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius
    Eh I was 20+ kills at the top of my team all night last night -- and lost every match. So it's not about the kills, it's about capping A, B & C.
    I did!!! and we still lost!!! Maybe if I didn't suck at shooting so much, we would have done better.

I think I shouldn't be the Fireteam Leader either, my ELO is probably higher to yours and giving us terrible matchups.

Junior Potato
    Yes and ELO all in one thread. What's going on?!?!?!?!

We're old...