Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    "Destiny 2 Ready to Start!" *start* Get "downloading" screen.
    I wish they would have some kind of restriction around that, it's so frustrating Don't let me start it until there's at least 15 minutes of gameplay or something! The NBA 2K series has an easy solution, it just loads up a practice gym and a non-descript player and lets you mess around like you're just practicing (I can't remember if it loads AI teammates/opponents). If you want to lie about how soon a game can be launched, at least figure out something like that.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Agreed. Mine said that around 5%. I knew it wasn't ready. What's the point of just loading the starting screen/menu?

Junior Potato
    Welcome to everything I hate about installing games on a console. Xbox and PS4 are both guilty.

This is what my downloads screen looks like right now. Haha! Yeah, nah. Not falling for that one.

I have noticed the importance of teamshotting.

Im ok with it.

Destiny 1 required you to get first shot. Which frustrated me on multiple levels.

I'm excited for the full game.

Junior Potato
    Oh my this game looks pretty. I did the raid on the Inverted Spire, with the cubic structures in muted white with red foliage growing all over it. It took me half a minute to stop gawking at the scenery and eventually find my way to where I was supposed to be going. Epic. Fucking epic.

The game feels like pure Bungee, reminds me quite a bit of Halo (but of course it would!) with the only drawback being that the walking speed seems very slow. And I've just got to figure out what the heck I'm doing.

I'm not gunna buy it tho - I don't have enough time to sink into a deeply open-ended game like this. Well I do, but I don't want to be sucked into it.

Beta has been extended to the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Oh my this game looks pretty. I did the raid on the Inverted Spire, with the cubic structures in muted white with red foliage growing all over it. It took me half a minute to stop gawking at the scenery and eventually find my way to where I was supposed to be going. Epic. Fucking epic.
    Interesting, I thought the same level was quite dull and disappointing, just shows varied tastes and opinions.

Once Carlo showed Cam and I the rotating super gameplay style, my enjoyment of the game increased. I just can't help but think that the game would be a lot more fun for me if the supers were toned down and available all the time, instead of guns. However, it would be a lot less fun for all the people that want to collect/compare/modify/etc various guns, and a lot less profitable for the makers of the game, so I don't expect it to happen.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Did you walk through the Vex milk, the radiolaria? Makes me wonder if there's going to be symbiotic zooxanthelle as a Vex element. Quite a bit of lore in the Inverted Spire strike that's very cool to me. Lovin' it.

I took Cam & Keith up to the doorway of the Lost Sector on the Cistern at the beginning of the Strike. We scaled it and tried to walk around it, eventually getting caught in the ragged structure (both Cam & I had to go to orbit and back to get free). There's a jump ring that appears occasionally that kicks off a jumping/fighting puzzle nearby -- folks are wondering if that's how we'll eventually open the door to the Lost Sector.

The 3rd & 4th voices that speak to you during the Strike come from the Failsafe AI from the ancient Golden Age ship Exodus Black. This ship is different than the crashed colony ship that is visible at the beginning of the Strike. Contains SIVA... and probably Fallen. Most loremasters are thinking that Failsafe's split personalities are probably due to rampancy. Could Failsafe end up pulling a 343 Guilty Spark: nice at first and an enemy later?

Good stuff.

Keith: That's sort of how Mass Effect plays. Every class has 3 'powers' that recharge over a few seconds. Some classes use more of the powers than guns, and others are the opposite. The multiplayer aspect is pretty limited though. There are only a few rotating maps that are the size of the crucible maps.