Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

I always feel like I get smoked way more when I am jumping. Just too easy of a target when falling.

According to theory, Triple Jump lets you break up your drop.

I've been a Warlock main my whole Destiny life so this is all new to me. I'm just seeing how the other half lives -- so please don't take my comments as authority, I'm just parroting what the top guys (that are actually sharing their info) say.

Ok... I have to share. I might be playing this game in such a wrong way that it's amazing fun.

I'm talking specifically about PvP. I haven't been a superb PvP player but used to always enjoy it during my Halo days... being super careful and keeping a fairly good K/D ratio (even if my actual kill count was never that high).

Now with the first Destiny... I didn't even bother with PvP. I sucked at it... I knew it... and I didn't need to prove it.

Destiny 2 comes along and after getting my one robo-Titan character (I only play one character) to level 20 and getting a fire hammer for him... I decide to go into the Crucible and see if I can get some more loot and try my mettle with other players. I'm not surprised... but I suck. I usually would stick with at least one other player... help team kill with my scout rifle... and just try and get our team to victory. It wasn't happening. My K/D was low... and not only was I not getting kills... it seemed as if I wasn't really helping my teammate who I was shadowing either. I was an easy target... and usually causing the other team to score double kills on us. This went on for many matches. I thought I would improve... but then the other teams started developing those MIDI team tactics and I was dropping even faster. For weeks, this was going no where.

Frustrated, one day... I just charged.

It changed everything. Now a days, I rock two hand cannons but NEVER fire them. I just rush the enemy... and then melee them in the face. Over and over. I also equip ACD/0 arms (that have a small explosion that is triggered if the enemy melees me). So even if they do get a kill on me... I can still get a kill on their weakened guardian after I'm dead. If the enemy is expecting me... I sprint and then slide into them before punching. But I'm always sprinting... always punching. It's fantastic fun. And our team (I always play with randoms) wins a lot more too. I think it's because I'm causing chaos which allows other players on my team to develop whatever strategy they want. All the while I'm messing with the other team because I'm up in at least one person's face and punching them. If the enemy is looking through a scope, I can tell because they don't see me sprinting up to their side on their radar and are just standing there waiting for me to start punching.

I only have 400 total kills from my entire Destiny 2 PvP experience (which includes when I started with a scout rifle)... but over half are melee kills and another 80 or so are with my special fire hammer.

I'm never even firing a shot anymore... so it doesn't matter what I equip. (Though I do like just holding on to my Sunshot hand cannon because I like it so much in PvE). I've never been having more fun. I may be wrong, but I don't want to be right!

If you're having fun then you're definitely not doing it wrong!

Totally agree! If you are having fun then go with it.

Are you using a sword as well?

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Totally agree! If you are having fun then go with it.

Are you using a sword as well?
    No sword. I do have a rocket launcher but I'm too busy sprinting and charging enemies to grab ANY of those purple boxes on the wall. Enemies who are looking to retaliate definitely have an advantage when they use a sword on me... I fall quickly when trying to punch a swordguy... but that's okay. I'm satisfied knowing that I disrupted them enough that they felt the need to go hunting for me. And after I fall, I'll respawn and start sprinting right back at them. It definitely feels like Crucible rewards behavior that makes the opposing team act defensively.

I hate you JSG.

Classic Bungie... Punching Super Powered Heroes is always the best.

Well, it's not though. That's not how most people play. Normally, you can't get a kill in Destiny by punching alone. JSG is some goddam hero or something.

I want video.