Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

I finished the Main Campaign this evening... after like 1 or 2 weeks. I suppose - since I did a 3 player assault and they all played like that - you all play running around like mad men and going forward to the point with not an afterthought.
    I scout the areas, get vantage points, then when enemies start to arrive I snipe them, one by one, with care and without losing cover (aside few runs).
    Then check the area, go forward, look for treasures, enjoy the cutscenes... I guess I won't ever understand what's the point of making speed runs without living the game and the story.
    The Tower, the new unlocked area, makes sense story wise but it's annoying to navigate just to go from one NPC to another... feels like a useless chore.
    Oh well, I may finish few adventures and see what else is to be done in it and check if there's any story campaign in the expansions (Are there any?).
    I've below zero interest in any PvP battles.

To a lot of people the main campaign in games like this is just an extended tutorial for the end game. They want to get through everything so that they can do the next thing, get the next loot, etc.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Anyhow, on Destiny 2: graphics are wonderful and very scalable, I like the design a lot, and the locations too, often peculiar.
    Playability is top, commands (keyboards + mouse here) pretty easy to learn, aside from the Super and Special commands.
    Nice that after a while the health restores by itself instead of having to micromanage health points/pods/tabs/whatever...
    Although at times the division of weapons in the 3 categories is confusing and constraining, and the randomness of various items is pretty much trivializing, there's room for everyone to find armaments to be tailored to one own tastes which is excellent.
    The story and the setting are a mish mash... I mean, in the end you feel pretty involved in it and the heroic mood ramps up greatly, but on the other hand often there's a lack of suspence and/or of sudden twists (do you remember like when in the first Halo suddenly the Flood appears? Like that). Ghaul could be a vicious and solid villain (what, I've read, was lacking in Destiny 1) but doesn't strike fear at the thought of eventually meet and clash with him.
    The whole story feels like an underplayed and underdeveloped Halo in a Star Wars-ish kinda universe.

So, are there story campaigns in the two expansions? Are they worthy?
    Also... what is the difference between the two expansions and the annual pass? I'm not sure I understood, must say.
    Last edited by Blerpa; July 14th, 2018 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    So, are there story campaigns in the two expansions? Are they worthy?
    There is a story campaign in Curse of Osiris and Warmind. If you own them, I would play through them. They are both much shorter than the Vanilla campaign. About 5-6 missions each.

If you don't own the expansions then I wouldn't buy the expansions just for the story campaigns. Well, depending on how much they cost obviously. If you can get them both for say $5 and you enjoyed the gamepley of the Vanilla then they are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Also... what is the difference between the two expansions and the annual pass? I'm not sure I understood, must say.
    The expansion pass is the two expansions (Curse of Osiris and Warmind) rolled into one item that gave a discount over buying them separately. The Annual Pass was $30 and each of the expansions were $20 as individual items. I'm not sure of the pricing now.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Destiny isn't about the story campaign per se. It does set the tone for the game but most of the gameplay and story is in the open world environment, adventures, strikes and the Raids.

The adventures that are a new addition per D2, each of them have a narrative to them. They are like mini story missions. So you should give them a shot as well. And they will introduce you to the open world environment.

Also, since you are now Level 20 you can start to use Legendary and Exotic weapons and armor. Some of which are quite fun to use. And the different classes (Titan, Warlock and Hunter) are interesting and different as well, especially when it comes to class ability and super ability.
    Last edited by Phil_SS; July 17th, 2018 at 06:58 AM.

So like, black spindel is back, known as "wisper of the worm"

Indeed it is. Awesome mission to get it as well.

I haven't got it yet but I have been solo running the mission to get experience and to understand it. Plus using the room under the "grass room" to complete my Sweet Business and Graviton Lance catalysts.

Tonight is the night though. I feel confident in my knowledge of the area and I am going to look for an LFG group to help me get it. Right now in my solo runs I can make it to about half way through the 3rd room before running out of time.

Balls. Mission is gone til Friday.

Oh well. I have some other stuff to work on in the meantime.

I nabbed it on Sunday night. It's like... ridiculous OP with the perks.

I got mine on Friday.

LFGd into a fireteam with a kid and his buddy. We failed the first time due to some poor planning and trying to get used to eachother. I then explained to the kid that he should be using Arcstrider and Raiden Flux even though it was Solar Singe. And while waiting for the Blight PE we went about talking about the tactics and who would do what and when. We cleared it the second go around with about 30 seconds remaining.

The kid's friend had to leave so we LFGd a third guy who was looking to complete the Heroic, chest run and then Heroic again to get the Blighted Essence available for the week. He was a Hunter as well and with two Arcstriders with Raiden Flux it was fairly easy even on Heroic.

We then did the chest run then the Heroic again. At that point we had it down as a team and finished it with a few minutes remaining. The mission is just plain awesome. Big ups to bungie for this one. Hopefully there will be more like it in Foresaken.

Solstice of Heroes comes out tomorrow as well. Looks like a fun set of tasks leading up to Year 2.

I did the chest run myself this week and then LFGd into a group and completed the second part of the Whisper Catalyst quest and the Whisper Ship quest.

Plus I completed the Legendary set of Solstice gear for my Titan. I haven't decided whether I want to Masterwork them or not.... since they really won't mean much in Year 2 due to the rework of mods etc. I started my Warlock and Hunter as well. Mayhem this week made the crucible tasks a breeze for the green armor.

Pretty interesting tidbits coming out about the sandbox changes. Like 1-hit shoulder charges and 2 hit regular melees. Basically they are moving back to the D1 sandbox for the most part. Which should be awesome. I have enjoyed the Y1 D2 sandbox but this will make it more fun for the most part.

And the Dreaming City looks great: