Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2017

wait for the late hit in the endzone....

Saw a Chief come off the sideline and hit a Steeler, no call.

My sympathy is pretty weak, here. More like apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    My thoughts: unlike most other Packer fans (for whom a season is a waste if it doesn't end in a Super Bowl win apparently), I'm interested to see how McCarthy is gonna win with this kid Hundley. He throws a decent ball but is absolutely a deer-in-the-headlights when the ball is snapped. Needs to toughen up and stop wanting everyones approval on the team. Smiles like one of Joker's henchmen.

The first challenge is going to be to complete a game upright. This kid likes to pull the ball down and run. Definitely a trip to IR waiting to happen. Needs to finish a game -- after that we can worry about trying to get a win. #gopackgo
    If it wasn't clear, I (like most) am saying next weekend the 'Aints are gonna kick our teeth in and send us to the bye week @ 4-3.

Sports talk radio is generally saying the Packers are gonna end up 7-9 for the season. That's 3-7 for the rest of the season, that's the bar -- so I'll be tickled if Hundley can A.) stay healthy and B.) get 4 wins to go 8-8. #lowexpectations #gopackgo

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Saw a Chief come off the sideline and hit a Steeler, no call.

My sympathy is pretty weak, here. More like apathy.
    Was this before or after the 2 helmet to helmet hits?

I'm not saying you guys didn't out play us. Because you did. That much was evident by the score. I am just fed up with Everytime we play you guys, shit like that happens and no calls happen for either side.

Curious; you were listening on the radio right?

Initially, yes. I did go back through and watch the highlights and injuries out of curiosity.

I'm all for hating refs, but you were complaining pretty heavily about a game some guy you don't know, who has a rooting interest in the Chiefs, was telling you about through 100 year old technology.

The Steelers are a dirty mess, I just don't think the refs were particularly one sided here. You're mad because a quite valid intentional grounding call negated personal foul. What outcome did you want, there? IG is a 10 yard penalty, PF is a 5 yard penalty. You could make an argument that you're aggrieved by 5 yards and a first down, I guess.

Note above that I was asking what you wanted, not what the refs should have done. Your argument would be framed in the context of 'things I wish for someday from the rules committee' not what you possibly could have expected the refs to do.

Your scenario has precedent: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nal-grounding/

As NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino explained on NFL Network, personal fouls trump five-yard penalties. For 10-yard fouls (that’s the minimum for intentional grounding), the penalties offset.
    I couldn't find the exact page of the rulebook because the NFL puts it up one section at a time for some reason, but Dean Blandino is a pretty reliable secondary source here.

The play was called correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Broken collarbone. Out 6-8 weeks minimum. Next man up.

For the foreseeable future we're gonna see 24-year-old Brett Hundley (#7, 5th round draft pick in 2015 from UCLA). Has zero pocket awareness. Decent arm and great legs for a QB tho'. His stat line from the Vikings game: 18-of-33 for 157 yards with one TD and three interceptions for a 39.6 passer rating.

Behind him I'm assuming they're going to be promoting Joe Callahan (#6, undrafted free agent from a DIII school ).
    I hear Colin Kaepernick is available.