Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2017

Arrow NFL 2017

LA Chargers... NV Raiders... I forgot that the Rams moved back to LA too.

I don't think the Raiders will be moving until a couple years, so they can build the stadium. Those aren't going to be awkward home games in the mean time....

Not until 2020...

It's the fucking raiders, that whole mantra fits the fucked up view the fanbase has of football.

I will never forget when I had season tickets to the Chiefs, we were up something like 3 TDs in the 4 quarter and had pretty much bitch slapped them around the whole game. Raiders score a mercy TD and the fans erupt like they just won the fucking super bowl. I seriously had a look of complete befuddlement on my face until one of them started prodding me like they were going to come back and win the game. I pointed out that, while they did score, the overzealous rejoicing shows complete lack of respect to space and time, while completely ignoring the fact we get the ball back and can run time off the clock to end the game. The guy was so dense (maybe drunk) that he didn't realize I just called him stupid to his face and continued hooting and hollering.

Point being, the fanbase probably thinks this will be GOOD for the team as a whole.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I no longer have an interest in the NFL.
    acket.

Semi NFL related note, CJ Spiller (and his fiancee) have been helping to coach my stepdaughters high school track team, hope the Chiefs can utilize him well and he can contribute all over like his college game.

Still don't have much of an interest in the NFL other than to see where the Clemson guys land (please let it not be Cleveland)

CJ had a couple killer seasons for the Bills, he seemed like a really good guy, just couldn't stay healthy, and has a limited skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I no longer have an interest in the NFL.
    This.

Administrator
    I'm there too. Michele and I have had full on conversations trying to figure out if we'll bother trying to follow the Chargers this year. We're not huge NFL fans, we were just Chargers fans. On the plus side, they'll probably be on TV up here again (last season we saw maybe three games). On the downside, they're owned by a greedy jackoff. We're still trying to decide if we're going to bother paying any attention this year, especially knowing that we're probably just going to end up in a world of disappointment. The main factor is that we still like a lot of the players and know that a lot of them didn't want to leave SD.

On the plus side, I saw something about how the Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas in 2020, but the people in Oakland will be paying off the recent Coliseum renovations until 2025. I'm so proud of my home city for telling the Chargers to piss off with that stadium bill, I know Spanos would have pulled the same shit. Get the people in the city to pay for a new stadium, then run off for some extra money somewhere else anyway.

Yeah. Government taxation for private Enterprise, with no binding contracts.