Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone following WRC this year?

Anyone following WRC this year?

Redbull picking up the coverage has been absolutely great, 3 30 minute reviews every day and a 1 hour live stage (usually with combined helicopter and incar footage) on saturday for free on redbull.tv or the app. I just starting watching this year after the complete lack of coverage in the US the last 5+ years. The new cars with the new rules are far more exciting and faster than the blando ones of the past couple years and the fact that in just 4 rallies there has been 4 different cars manufactures win bodes well for the future competition.

I must admit that I stopped trying after Subaru pulled out, but I occasionally read a few articles. I also thought about buying an Edox Chronorally watch - does that count?

I am, however, addicted to the Japanese Super GT 300/GT 500 series.

Administrator
    I'll have to check out that coverage. Like you, just stopped paying attention when it got to be too damn hard to watch in the US. I also admit that Loeb made things a little boring after a while, and I never really made a big effort to get back to it.

Been checking out highlights on YT. The cars look too wild. I liked last year's versions better.

Still hella fun to watch though.
    Whoomah!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I am, however, addicted to the Japanese Super GT 300/GT 500 series.
    I hope you're not a Honda fan
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    I hope you're not a Honda fan
    Anything but German cars.

Junior Potato
    Thanks for the heads-up!

I love to watch WRC but accessibility has been too damn hard in the last ten years, being on pay TV instead of free to air like it used to be.

Argentina going on now for those that wanted to check it out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Suggest that the World Rally Championship changes their name to European Rally Championship. And i'm not the only one in the world saying this.

Thirteen events next year. Ten of them in Europe... Australia, Argentina and Mexico are the only non Europe events. EVERYONE was asking for New Zealand to return, even the teams and drivers. Nope.
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/septe...3--12-12-.html

What a friggen joke of an event.

They need to bring back the 'world' part of it. Russia, USA, Canada, Malaysia, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, India, China etc etc.
    I know it's all about money, which is why none of them are likely to happen, but still - wonder if they can legally use the World name if they only have a few token world events.

Honestly, aside from New Zealand... who the fuck has ever given a flying fuck about Rally running outside Europe beside in those 4 (Australia, Argentina, Mexico, NZ included) aforamentioned venues?
    WRC is an European matter mostly, historically since ever and this should always be forever.

And fuck that "can legally use"... retarded americans call World League their own national baseball league, just saying.