Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

Yep, ridiculous name, but man it's fun - watching and playing. It has absolutely exploded in popularity.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57...BATTLEGROUNDS/

Junior Potato
    I'm only just beginning to find out what the hell this game is. It's an audacious concept but holy hell it seems to work amazingly. It's too bad for me that I don't have the hardware to run it with any decency, nor would I have the skill or beans to play it well.

But the community around it is amazing. Watch this video, right to the end.

I see highlights from this on Kotaku's Highlight Reel, quite entertaining.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Oh god, that Stone Mountain video is fantastic.

Once you start to realize that the circle is really small, and there's not many players left, the heart really gets going. I've never had a game up my BPM like this has. Quite an experience.

Junior Potato
    Question: how does the circle choose the focus of where it needs to condense to, assuming it's not the same each round?

Is it possible to gather all the armour/guns/ammo you need then hide for the whole round, only to pop out at the end with full health to face the last opponent?

Nope, I don't think there's any way to know where it will end up. It's different every round and there is no way to know how the new one is chosen.
    I kind of love that. That element definitely adds to the on-the-fly planning and strategy that makes this game so good.

There's definitely a level of "circle luck". If the new white circle is close to you in the later part of the game (or if you're still in it!), you are at a great advantage, obviously.

Also, the late game force field just obliterates you if you are outside for too long. The first couple of circles really don't do too much damage, and can actually be counteracted by an energy drink or painkillers (those regen health and increase run speed). When you consume one of them, it fills a thin yellow bar above the health meter and slowly dissipates.

Also - tangential to painkillers - that brings another point. If you take damage, you can never go back above 75% health unless you have painkillers or energy drinks to regen it back up... or if you have a very rare Medkit that is an instant full heal.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:47 PM.

I like watching this on twitch (Circon) but I be worthless playing it so I'll just watch. Am amazed anyone can kill with a sniper rifle, the targets look like they're only 1.2 pixels wide.

Escape From Tarkov is the next fad to hit Twitch, still trying to figure out how it works. While it won't overtake PUBG it is more intense to watch. Do like how getting wounded affects your vision and mobility vs PUGB.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game...0From%20Tarkov

Yeah, I remember when it first got announced and I was really excited. Looks like they're making good progress. Extremely hardcore game.

Junior Potato
    I think I'll be getting this when it hits Xbox.

That means I'll need a paid Live subscription, tho.