Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so apparently everyone hates campers

Whatever, I'm actually doing better using First-person view...third person just isn't for me.

Meanwhile a lot of people are moving to Fortnite:BR and it just looks really silly to me...the instant building of...um...buildings and stuff? very odd. I don't think I could enjoy it.

I had been playing fortnite, but after some really shitty deaths, I've written the game off.

For me, first person only is the best way to play. It's too easy for people to hide behind trees and walls and camera peak in third. Not a fan of that.

------------------------

And yeah, Fortnite is neat. I'm fascinated by it's surge in popularity. I've been watching some of the really good Twitch streamers play Fortnite (Ninja, Shroud) and the meta is apparently build close, build high, and drop in on the other players using double pump shotties. I don't feel like rebinding my keys to be better at building, so I'll probably never be all that great at the game. It's still fun, but I prefer PUBG.

The problem for PUBG: Epic's AAA development and attention to Fortnite are really starting to become apparent. Bluehole (the PUBG dev, awful name) can't keep up. The put out an update to combat rampant cheating recently that immediately got pulled back due to crashing issues. They finally answered the Fortnite surge by communicating their "roadmap" for 2018, but there's a whole lot of promise and I don't see any of it happening all that quickly or as effortlessly as Fortnite's new content / modes.

Junior Potato
    From where I see it, PUBG is on its way out unless they do something about performance, bugs, and content really quickly.

Fortnite’s advantage lies in its speed of progress, plus the availability to millions of school age kids - it’s free and it’s cartoony, so parents have a hard time finding reasons to ban their kids from playing.

I predict that by the time PUBG reaches 1.0 on Xbox it will have lost most of its momentum and struggle to grow any larger.

Yep, I think it's definitely on a decline for a while, but not completely out. Still a huge following. But it's hard to beat free.

However - playing PUBG last night - I was surprised to see an achievement pop up. What the hell?
    Then I checked the 2x Scope... low and behold... the scope's improved.
    Then I noticed someone in the lobby doing emotes.
    Interesting. I hadn't realized it, but they pushed out a few of the recent roadmap updates already to the live version. I was expecting that to be another month or more. Nice to get hands on with the latest updates so quickly.

The advantage to both games, the overall engine is very complex, but stable.

It is a very moldable design. It's why fortnite can be modded so fast.

Got a key for PUBG Corp's "experimental test server" where I tried the new 4km x 4km map. Played a round, got to #8 within a matter of 15 minutes, I think. Quick to find people, quick circles, quick games. I do like it. Map looks good, too, albeit some unfinished textures/geometry on a lot of the buildings. I recorded some gameplay but my buddy is telling a story over top the whole time I'll see how the clips came out.

Some more random / funny clips from our duo sessions:

Last game yesterday evening, I dropped Hacienda (that's one of the hotspots on the Miramar map) and came out the sole survivor after just getting a crossbow (2 kills) and a grenade (1 kill). I got picked apart by a couple people while running into one of the later zones, but man that beginning was worth it.

A little annoyed that my video capture crapped out due to hard drive space; it recorded the exact time between my grenade kill and a long range M416 kill. But the crossbow shots I got

Sifting through more footage, just throwing some uploads in here. Went back and recorded some footage from the replay system. That's why some of it looks jank, and with no UI.

Duos clips:

Solo win:

Almost pulled off a duo win last night after my buddy died right before the last few circles. Literally had one guy to beat and he had level three armor and a Groza. Got some shots in, and I swung out too much on my next peak and he easily outgunned me. Almost. Had. It.