Thread: Internet memotivationally epic wins

Junior Potato
    ?

It’s a possessive plural.

Wot is wrong wit dat?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Prescriptive barrister is prescriptive.
    acket.

I can see that it would be ok if he'd left out the "are" that follows.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    That makes me think of the Chick-Fil-A vs. Popeyes sandwich wars, for some reason.

Maybe that's because there's no apostrophe in Popeyes.

Don't get me started on Bojangles'.

FYI, I don’t care if you open or close on sundays nor do I care about apostrophes... I’ll eat you if you’re delicious! (Provides that you don’t run out of chicken’s of course! )
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 25th, 2020 at 05:00 PM.

So I've never had Bojangles (is that an accent or an apostrophe?), but I've been working in North Carolina over the past two weeks, and they're on like every corner.

Should I bother?

I liked it. But maybe that’ll cause you to not want to try it even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    So I've never had Bojangles (is that an accent or an apostrophe?), but I've been working in North Carolina over the past two weeks, and they're on like every corner.

Should I bother?
    YES. Get a chicken biscuit sandwich and dirty rice. You won't regret it.

Uh, Bojangle's is not something you want to eat regularly, like any fast food. However, I admit that I like a chicken buscuit once in a blue moon.

It's BO TIME for FaF.

Time to buy some bigger britches if you're going to go on the Bojangles' diet. There's nothing healthy in there.

When I lived in Charlotte, I was known to occasionally indulge in a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Their biscuits are practically dripping with butter. Add some yellow mustard and man, that's some good eatin'!

I was more of a breakfast customer than lunch or dinner. I'm not much of a fried chicken fan - I'll eat it, but I don't seek it out. Theirs is as good as any, I suppose, and like KFC and other places, it depends how fresh the fryer grease is and how long the parts sat under a heat lamp before being sold. And they sell chicken sandwiches and other stuff.

Story time: My senior year in high school, I had an auto mechanics class in the morning - second period, if I remember correctly. The class was in a building down by the athletic fields and accessible by car from the school bus parking lot, which was on the other side of campus than the student parking lot. It was a big campus. The student parking lot was usually monitored by an assistant principal or a coach or someone who checked out everyone leaving during the school day to make sure kids weren't sneaking out of school without a good reason such as a doctor's appointment or whatever. We weren't allowed to leave to go out to lunch.

We would frequently work on students' cars in auto mechanics class. A student or two would walk across campus to the student parking lot, get in their car(s), and tell the student parking lot monitor they were going to auto mechanics. He or they would then drive off campus for a little way to the entrance to the school bus lot and then drive around back to the auto mechanics building.

Sometimes this involved a detour to the nearby Bojangles' restaurant to get breakfast biscuits for the class and for the teacher, who was in on the deal. He was a cool guy.
    Last edited by George; October 2nd, 2020 at 09:00 AM.