Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet memotivationally epic wins

Female Masturbatory Aid

https://www.huzlers.com/bitcoin-scam...s-as-bitcoins/

A New York man has been arrested after he reportedly made over a million dollars selling Chuck E. Cheese tokens as Bitcoins on the streets.

Marlon Jensen, 36, was arrested a Sunday morning when NYPD stormed his home. NYPD received calls from the fraud victims that someone had sold them “Bitcoins”, only to find out there actually was no tangible bitcoin currency available. NYPD found $1.1 Million of cash inside Marlons home. According to police, Marlon had scratched off most of the Chuck E. Cheese engravements on the coins, and would write “B” on each coin with permanent marker.

As many should know already, Bitcoin is a crypto currency and payment system that has recently received unprecedented popularity and value, with each bitcoin currently worth $18,950 USD. Although Bitcoin isn’t actually a tangible form of currency, that hasn’t stopped some people from successfully selling “bitcoins” to people using irrelevant gold coins, in this case Chuck E. Cheese Tokens.

“People are retarded haha”, said NYPD Officer Michael West, “My 8 year old son would know those weren’t bitcoins and lord knows he’s not the brightest”.

Marlon is currently being charged with fraud and can face up to 5 years in federal prison.

Damn Marlon, you hook over a million dollars from fraud, you gotta get out of the country!! #caymans

I've always found internet stories that use stock photography of physical bitcoins to be odd. I can see how people can be duped. Especially if they're 'retarded' like they police officer believes.

Junior Potato
    That’s a satire site. Should be easy to spot by now.

Especially given the contents of the alleged quote from an NYPD officer.

Figured as much but the link wouldn't load for me to do my due diligence.

I still believe an NYPD officer is capable of calling his own offspring retarded.

I also believe people would be dumb enough to buy tangible cryptocurrency.

Junior Potato
    Another giveaway would the site's name. I've never heard of Huzlers, but apparently it's "the most infamous fauxtire & satire entertainment website in the world" according to its breathless footnote at the bottom of the page.

To clarify my first two sentences weren't meant to flow with the last one, I shouldn't have used the transition 'especially.'

When Bitcoin first started to be talked about in the mainstream media articles would use photos/renders like this:

And I never understood why because it undercuts the entire premise of what it is.