Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow zones ...

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Yeah, at Le Mans last year they had that problem of slow zones in the middle of the straights or something.

The downside this year was that some zones were very long when they otherwise might not need to be. So if there was an accident right out of Mulsanne Corner, the slow zone went all the way down to Indianapolis (or maybe Arnage). I think the sector before would be a waving yellow to get cars ready for the slow zone.

Maybe in the future, they can look at having the same starts to slow zones as they did this year, but allow them to go back to green earlier. So an accident coming out of Mulsanne corner would have the same start as an accident in Indianapolis, but the former would get green flags a couple hundred yards down the straight, the latter not until Arnage.
    I think the plan is that each slow zone started where they were slow anyway and as they were fixed it sometimes meant that they were slow well past the accident.

And sometimes well before the accident. The slow zone for Indianapolis started way back at the exit of Mulsanne Corner.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I think the plan is that each slow zone started where they were slow anyway and as they were fixed it sometimes meant that they were slow well past the accident.
    I know that, I'm just thinking they can get around having such a long slow zone after the accident issue. I think the idea of having them start out of slow corners is a good one.

After, yes, but not before (as you say).