Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Bioware's Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Are you??? Because it sounds like you really like D2.

LOL

Anyway... What game doesn't get repetitive over 1800 hrs? Even if it was the best game in the world, I would get sick of it. Good thing there are many others to play ;-)
    This is something that always entertains me... if you get hundreds of hours out of a game, I think it's worth the cost to me. That's why I'm not necessarily mad about Anthem or Avengers, yeah both were light on content compared to some, but I still played them for hundreds of hours so I got my moneys worth. I'm more disappointed that I haven't gotten *more* content because I wanted to play both more haha

Well, maybe my opinions of the genre are tainted by how exploitive the companies making them are. All part of the same shit-sandwich, even if the game might be fun to play for a while.

Yeah, but those companies are making other games that are similarly exploitative as well. I think that's why they're all trying to make/join game subscription services, so they can release games at full price AND treat them even more like free-to-play games, because the subscription people are getting them for "free".

Since I got Game Pass Ultimate recently I started playing Forza Horizon 4, and the in-game unskippable ads for DLC are so effing annoying. No, I don't want to buy your ugly ass LEGO cars, don't make me watch this minute long commercial.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 2nd, 2021 at 01:36 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Here's another thing (not to drag the games and their publishers through the mud any more, but also to do just that). If the games were designed as a more focussed single player offering then they would be much, much better.

All the pieces are in place to make a really good single player Avengers game, but it got ruined by the cash grab. Same with Anthem, same with Fallout 76, same with all of those other ones I can't be bothered looking up right now.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Yeah, but those companies are making other games that are similarly exploitative as well. I think that's why they're all trying to make/join game subscription services, so they can release games at full price AND treat them even more like free-to-play games, because the subscription people are getting them for "free".

Since I got Game Pass Ultimate recently I started playing Forza Horizon 4, and the in-game unskippable ads for DLC are so effing annoying. No, I don't want to buy your ugly ass LEGO cars, don't make me watch this minute long commercial.
    Oof, glad to know I'm missing that by playing it outside of GamePass. That's a fun game that's hindered by a lot of petty annoyances that they refuse to fix, I can't imagine it with annoyances like that.

And I'm with you, the Lego DLC was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    All the pieces are in place to make a really good single player Avengers game, but it got ruined by the cash grab. Same with Anthem, same with Fallout 76, same with all of those other ones I can't be bothered looking up right now.
    I can't speak for Anthem, I only played the demo/beta, but I thought the Avengers single player was damn good. Padded out by multiplayer-style levels, but I enjoyed those, and the more focused/scripted single player bits were great.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And I'm with you, the Lego DLC was dumb.
    Still the only place on Forza Horizon 4 where you can find proper racing tracks. It wins just for that, albeit short and limited.

Junior Potato
    The Lego Mini Cooper S is OP

This reminds me how much I want a Forza game where you can drive from track to track (as in proper racetracks)

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Here's another thing (not to drag the games and their publishers through the mud any more, but also to do just that). If the games were designed as a more focussed single player offering then they would be much, much better.

It's pretty clear that companies are chasing an income stream when it comes down to it. They don't want "just" a game purchase, they want a constant stream of money in after purchase, and the only way to do that is to go "live service"

Not sure if it's just purely greed, or if AAA development costs are super high, so it's very very risky to just do a single player game, or if its because game prices have been at $50-60 USD for decades and haven't increased to match inflation/game production costs, or what