Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioware's Anthem

Casey Hudson. Very good news.

BioWare veteran Corey Gaspur, lead designer on Anthem, has died.

BioWare has announced that Corey Gaspur, a longtime designer at the studio whose credits include Mass Effect 2 and 3, and the upcoming online shooter Anthem, has died.

Gaspur was with BioWare for more than nine years, during which he worked as a gameplay/level designer on Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, and its DLC. He served as the lead combat designer on Mass Effect 3, and was working on Anthem as the lead gameplay designer.

His LinkedIn profile also lists consultation credits on Dragon Age: Inquisition, Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

"Corey was a talented designer and an even better person. We offer our condolences to Corey’s family and everyone that knew him," BioWare wrote. "We will miss you."

Wtf?

BioWare's Anthem game gets beta CONFIRMED - Latest on PS4, Xbox One X, PC’s stunning RPG

BioWare’s Jonathan Warner was asked by a fan if Anthem would be getting a beta period like Mass Effect: Andromeda, Wccftech reported.

Warner replied: “Yeah we'll have a beta! #PrepareForAdventure”.

Speaking about a Anthem beta release date, he added: “Remember, we are still a distance out. Too soon for details but will provide more when the time is right.”

It’s unclear whether the Anthem beta period will be an open beta or a closed beta.

Junior Potato
    At E3 EA showed off some gameplay footage of Anthem, a truncated version of a longer gameplay demo that was only shown behind closed doors. But today they've released the longer version of the demo for all to see:

I think the game is looking great, however it's a multiplayer-focused shooter from EA so it's got red flags waving for me. Although, if it was set a long time ago in a galaxy far away and called Star Wars: Robot Suit Shooty RPG, I'd be all over it like mud on a pig.

As a premise, and as a game, it's just so generic, so 2018. It reminds me of both Halo and Destiny, which is no small feat. I'm not interested. And yet, I watch with great interest...

I am excited yet aprehensive about this game as well. EA ruined Mass Effect, after all...

I absolutely love the concept, but yeah... it's EA, so I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Looking at the suit types shown, I'm leaning towards Storm... (I tend to like buff/debuff/status style of characters when given a chance) I assume Ranger is more of a standard attacker, and Colossus is more of a tank?
    Last edited by Jason; July 6th, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

To be fair, they ruined Mass Effect by giving it to a different team/company so that the Mass Effect team could make Anthem.

While it looks very polished it all seems, well, a bit basic? Nothing immediately jumps out st me as being that different from any other third person game at the moment. Interested but not yet excited.