Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioware's Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    To be fair, they ruined Mass Effect by giving it to a different team/company so that the Mass Effect team could make Anthem.
    No, they ruined it by shitting out an inferior product that was so riddled with bugs (some game-breaking) it was nearly unplayable.

Junior Potato
    They gave it to a support developer as their first full title and released it before it was complete, in time for financial year reporting. Got it out the door with a boot, then cut their losses, then absorbed the developer into other teams. It would’ve been better to release the game a year later, but the fiscal reports wouldn’t have looked as good.

A small part in of me wants Anthem to fail… hard. So much so that EA is devalued to the point that it gets bought up by Microsoft Or better yet, BioWare is sold to MS and they get to make great exclusives for MS platforms like Xbox and Win10. That would be the romantic option.

But I don’t contain that much hate. I hope Anthem proves the haters wrong and shows that EA has learned that it can make a game that’s free of anti-consumer bullshit or tied to overly demanding live services that split the player base, a-la GTA Online, etc.

https://anthemuniverse.com/articles/...witch-summary/

Are there swords?
    We’re not talking about Interceptor and Storm right now 😉
    Giggity.

Will there be cloaking?
    We will not be talking about Storm or Interceptor at this time 😉
    Interesting...

Junior Potato
    Plenty of new info here, covering the integration (shoe-horning?) of single player narrative into a multiplayer game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ltiplayer-game

Plus, a new trailer!

Junior Potato
    Nice looking Destiny-esque game which everyone’s excited about despite being published by EA gets new trailer featuring RTX and DLSS integration from Nvidia.

I hear there’s an open beta coming soon as well.

Looks sweet, too bad is third person only.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, probably will play as a Storm if I end up with it

Apparently a 'VIP' beta test coming at the end of the month for Origin Access Premier. Which I have. Will let you know my impressions.

Junior Potato
    In other news, water is wet:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/01/un...final-release/

But hey, a demo. Apparently Orgin subscribers have three codes they can give out to their friends to join this weekend’s demo. Everyone else can play next weekend.

Junior Potato
    Don’t forget the demo.

I’ve been playing it today. It’s interesting. The mission structure is alright, but I suppose that’s old news if you’re a Destiny player.

The graphics are jank though. I know it’s not a final build, but it looks nowhere near as lush as the original trailer we got in 2017. Plus I’m on a PS4 Pro and the frame rate tanks and stutters quite a lot, so I’ve dropped it down to 1080p to smooth it out and reach 30fps. It’s much nicer to play that way.