Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Well that's more info than he's posted -- thanks Nate!

We talked about it in chat. *ahem*

Imma just gonna set this right here: https://hangouts.google.com/group/JO4eqGJ0JywVDHt82

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    We talked about it in chat. *ahem*

Imma just gonna set this right here: https://hangouts.google.com/group/JO4eqGJ0JywVDHt82

And

Because Nate's comment is accurate

In other news, had a badass trip out two weekends ago. Went up some seriously crazy shit. Hands were shaking and everything. I was climbing shit that everyone else was either locked or welded diffs.

I fucking love this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    In other news, had a badass trip out two weekends ago. Went up some seriously crazy shit. Hands were shaking and everything. I was climbing shit that everyone else was either locked or welded diffs.

Its always a good feeling when you handle the gnarly stuff with a lesser equipped rig and still make it. Tippy stuff would always make my left leg jitter like crazy, maybe a good thing I never finished the swap to the manual trans before selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post

All those childhood visits to Monster Jam have prepared you for this.

Got the CB radio installed, got the rear shock debacle handled, checked over some suspension noises, chased down a transmission fluid seep that requires dropping the transfer case and am going to probably swap out to a 242 in the process, weighed it, and made plans to build a bumper.

Jeep without any real weight from bumpers or winches, beadlocks or bias plys, is 4440lbs.

Next outing is on the 24th of February.

Helpful link for an aspiring bucket mouth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CB_slang

I'll keep the numbers handy.

Everything is loaded up and ready to go.

Made a swappable connecter for the CB so I can switch between the jeep and the F150 for towing purposes to communicate with the rest of the crew. I'll be waking up in 5.5 hours to be hopping in the truck for a day outing.

Dragging a good friend out who bought my 911 from me. He is used to race cars and track days, while I've got a mix of both. He may be more excited than I am.

It will be a good time!