Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Administrator
    I had those "nearly free or free" cars when leveling up suddenly change to "200-300K" cars when leveling up. I wonder if that's a trend that's going to continue.

It seems like if your driver level increases several times within the same car collector level, they start costing you money. By the time that happens, I’m really close to the next collector level, and I start getting the free cars again when that changes. I’m running the ‘long’ races (which took me from three laps to ten at most tracks), so I’m getting more xp for each race than normal.

So after a lot more playing there are a lot of positives. Well, mostly the race length setting. Having it set to long means actual, decent races rather than two lap sprint battles with shitty AI. It also means more credits and XP as they're loosely based on race distance - I thoroughly recommend it.

Car prices continue to be insane. Not helping this are the various leveling up prize cars; so far 2x 787bs, one 1.3 million credit Audi P1 thing, a Macca P1, LaFerrari, and some other stuff. It seems just as I can afford the one I skipped (you can skip them if you don't have the cash - not that you can see your current credit amount at the time...) the next extortionate 'reward' car comes along. I'm constantly scraping by with less than 50k in the bank due to enforced, badly modified homologated cars, prizes I have to pay for and a fairly stingy basic payout doing standard length races. I'm also only getting 75k per week from the Forza rewards for some reason. It was 350k a few weeks ago.

The economy in this thing is seriously askew. And why is the auction house not up and running? Where am I supposed to dispose of these extra cars I don't particularly want? Oh I can't or my collector level will drop. Who came up with this? More importantly who signed it off?

As a public announcement - never buy the crates expecting an expensive/rare suit/car/whatever. They're fine for topping up on mod cards, but going looking for high returns will see you burned. There are a few people who have opened half a billion credits worth of crates only to have more or less the square root of fuckall to show for it. Certainly no exotic/rare or otherwise unobtainable gear.

However for all my bitching there are rare moments of pure zen like bliss. Hustling a DBR1 sideways around Catalunya in a Turner like sunset was absolutely magnificent. Truly stunning.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Wait what - you pay for prize cars? You can opt out right, with a 'no thanks' option?

And yeah i noticed the whole 75k Forza rewards thing, when i too was used to getting 350k each Friday. Hope it's not permanent, as they promise 'bigger and better rewards as you tier up'.

In Forza Rewards i recently got to tier 10, which was the highest until FM7 came out. Am nearly a quarter of the way to tier 11, which means finishing off FH3 (little bit of gamerscore), FM6 (little bit of gamerscore and little bit of driver level), FM5 (a lot of things left), FH2 (days logged in, not much to go), FM4 (days logged in, gamerscore and driver level, not much to go), FH1 (a number of things - not sure that they are properly updating though), FM3 (days logged in, but doesn't seem to be updating that often) and FM2 (gamerscore - two achievements left to go, and they are two i'll never be able to get as they are online based ones).

Haven't got Forza 6: Apex and Forza 7, but was trying to get to tier 11 before getting FM7, if they still do the 'heres heaps of cars since you're tier xx!' thing?

The Forza 7 Tier rewards are badges and driver suits. No cars. Don't bother.

Ouch.

This sounds terrible for modern players, but I'm kinda happy to see the grind is back. I'll probably be picking it up for Xbone X.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Wottabunchalosers they are. Oh well, i'm a bit of a completionist, so will probably keep at it. Racerfink and Yobbo are the only ones higher than me in the Rewards standings, that i have on my friends list.

Latest update gives VIP 100% credit boost, and a Charger Daytona in the special car dealer. Which is 80k. The same an a 1990 IROC. If anyone wants to do that swap in real life you know where I am!

https://youtu.be/ZjVb7GItQ1A

4.3Gb update (Auction House is up) and first car pack. Two really nice sillohuette racers in this one.