Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

I'm giving it its own 128gb ssd on my system. Going to preorder so it can take its sweet ass time if it wants.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    It's kinda crazy how it doesn't seem like they've thought out the size of games that well though. Pretty sure you can get multilayer Blurays (someone said you can get a 100gb one somewhere, but haven't checked to see if true), and of course there is the option to have multiple disks to install content, if PS4 and XBone actually supported that option - GTP says they don't, which is really screwed up.

Then there's the people without internet (me, a few years back when i was living by myself, as couldn't afford it) who will miss out on the full experience/graphics of a game.

Junior Potato
    Xbone games on disc require a hefty install as well, one of my biggest gripes about the system. So even if you had the physical version, the fucker would still force you to download dozens of GB of extras to complete the game.

Demo: Tuesday, 19th of September, GMT 6 PM, size 22.51 GB - 22.87 GB.

http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

4am in eastern Australia time on the 20th, awesome!

Administrator
    Demo is out. 17.66 GB on XBone, 22.88 GB on Windows.

I`m already downloading both.
    The Xbox Store is slow so I started downloading the PC version too and it already took over the Xbox download.
    Luckily I upgraded form ADSL 16 to ADSL 50 last month and it`s even faster, up to 6.2 Mb/s.

Administrator
    So far, and I've only tried it on the XBone

Pros:

- Cars feel like they have a little more weight to them. The Porsche GT2 weight balance felt much more pronounced.
    - It seems easier to feel around for grip. Rain at the Nurburgring with the Nismo GT-R was an interesting experience and much better than F6. I felt like I could explore more where the car would start to lose grip, and there weren't the omnipresent "you will lose all grip in this spot" hydroplane points.
    - Dynamic rain was about as good as PCars. Nurburgring started dry, but then started to rain about 1/4 of the way into the lap and got progressively wetter.
    - Graphics are pretty damn amazing, I'm surprised at the amount of improvement over F6.
    - I like that loading takes place on a screen that also lets you do things like adjust assists, drivatar difficulty, etc. Nice to be able to take care of that shit while it's doing its long loading sequence, and surprised nobody had really done that before now. Seems like such an obvious enhancement now that we have it.

Cons:

- Controlling that GT2 with a controller was surprisingly difficult and kind of annoying. Then again, I've never been great about being subtle with my left-stick movements on a controller. The GT-R was just fine and fun to drive.
    - The AI almost seems worse. Forza has always had that "you get the pass on someone, but then turn into your outside rear wheel and suddenly you're locked in a physics deathmatch where you can't turn in either direction and just have to accept your fate as you plow straight into the barrier", but it seemed *way* worse. Two laps at the Nurburgring saw that happen at least 5 times. Nice, clean passes, where I've got at least half a car length going into the braking zone, and the AI car just turns right into my rear quarter and we end up immobilized.
    - Someone got excited when they got the mocap budget, so now your driver avatar during loading screens squirms around and stares at his/her appendages like an alien that's just been transplanted into a human body and has no idea what to make of it.

Overall positive, and looking forward to seeing how it does with a wheel on the PC. It feels like a step up from F6, but goddamn I wish they'd fix that physics bug.

Didn't really feel any different to me, though with no stupid hydroplane spots as Swervo mentioned. The GT2 felt godawful to me, and understeering pig, which meant that Dubai's milquetoast collection of medium speed sweepers was boring as fuck. I almost bothered with the truck race, but couldn't get myself to turn 1 before I was annoyed with the stupid things. The Nurburgring GP race felt like Forza 6 but looked strange, not really better or worse. That being said I rarely use rain in Forza 6 due to the stupidity of the standing water, so maybe I'm overlooking things.

Hopefully the PC people can confirm their setup with the demo. I should have known as a long time Forza player that the demo wasn't really going to offer me any useful information. It's designed for people that are new to the series, the differences are too subtle to make any judgments on buyability for the rest of us.
    Get that weak shit off my track