Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Has anybody done the INDY 500 rivals yet? I know Fiction has. My car hits the rev limiter about 100yds before turns 1 & 3. Nobody else on my friends list does. Extremely tough to set a good lap time when you spend nearly 1 second slowing down each time it hits the limiter, watching the ghost you’re chasing jump three or four car lengths ahead!

Administrator
    Yep, it's happening to me to, same thing in the same spots. Also appears to be a spec event, as it ignores any tuning I do. I just lengthened the final gear by a tiny bit and in a test drive it tops at about 240 before the corner without hitting the limiter, but I hit the limiter at 238 in the Rivals event.

FWIW, same thing happens with both the Honda and Chevy indycars.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 12th, 2018 at 09:31 AM.

Yeah, I hit the rev limiter too. The car is a rental, so no tuning.
    I guess one could ease off the accelerator ever so slightly when top speed approaches, but I haven't really tried it.

Full damage races can be teeth-gnashingly infuriating at times, but there's some satisfaction to avoiding the worst wrecks and then staying ahead of the destructive pack, I guess. *masochist shrug*

I don't mind doing the ghost races, in fact I prefer them for the above hinted at reasons.
    There will often be one or two cars that rule the roost, but it is a simple enough matter to spot, and then find a decent tune. I love that you can just download the fast guys' tunes.

Just one of those moments, I'm in the Mazda:

Forza7.jpg

Administrator
    Wrong thread.

Administrator
    Ever since making the switch to doing extra long races on Unbeatable (and with one of my mods enforcing tire deg and fuel burn), I hit VIR Grand East and have been dreading it, but finally tackled it this morning.

Turns out the AI is shittier at that track than me, so I was lapping a good 3 seconds faster than them. Also turns out that while I still hate VIR and its multitude of arrangements, apparently I don't suck as much as I thought, fast lap was #1 in the Americas and #4 worldwide for that car/track combo.

Rather interesting...

https://youtu.be/SFniqefXhwM

Administrator
    I love how they can make it sound like it's this big achievement to put things in that should have been there in the first place, like time attack and decent track limits. Also, nice of them to let people get the Hoonigan cars if they missed out on the pre-order, but would have been nice to hear about some of the cars in the game that you still can't buy at all.

I haven't even touched the Hoonigan cars, let alone the Fast and furious ones apart from a rivals challenge.

Administrator
    Same, don't really enjoy them but it seems shitty to keep people from getting them if they missed the original opportunity for whatever reason.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Looks like they are in a way copying Polyphony for the track limits/penalties thing, which isn't a bad thing. I'd much prefer time penalties than tyre barriers in stupid spots, or 'slow down' grass/sand traps etc like past Forza's have annoyingly had. Much more realistic with time penalties.

I.e. If the system is perfected, when in a race the guy who ends up crossing the line first (for example) would have cut every corner and gained a huge lead over everyone else, only for the game to calculate up all the penalty points/time once everyone has crossed the line, and it ends up putting that guy in last place.

People will soon learn to stop cutting corners then.

But then there's the problem of using other cars to help you brake/corner etc, and trying to take them out. That's what GT is still trying to sort out at the mo, balance wise.