Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Administrator
    Not sure who's still playing this. I figured out eventually that you get the biggest bang for your buck on mods if you go for the longest race distance, so that's all I've been doing now. Races take usually between 45-60 minutes, which means I can't just sit down and do a quick race, but money is no longer an issue. I finally just bought my first mod crate for 30k. One of the mods out of it is 80% credit bump if you turn off rewind. The first race I did was 30 laps at Laguna, took about 43 minutes (shorter than usual), made 100k off that + 100k for highest difficult + 100k for the VIP bonus + 140k for the mods (the 80% and two 30% ones for things like not using stability control), so a good 440k off that race, plus leveled up a few times, so that's another 60k on top for 500k, and that was a pretty light haul since the race was shorter than most. 80k of that was from that one mod that came from a 30k crate and I've got two more uses on it.

On the downside, the longer the race is, the easier it is to win. I lapped up to 3rd place in that last one and the drivatars are on "Unbeatable". A lot of the single player challenge comes from making you start back in the pack and giving you a limited amount of time to get to the front, so that's gone. On the positive side, I can now afford basically whatever car I feel like getting.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; April 13th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

The $30k crates will more than pay you back if you do longer races. Also, if you use a Forza Edition car for that particular track it’s tied to, you could get up to an additional 100% bonus.

I’m at driver level 500 (that’s where it stopped countinga few months ago), and it gives me five very high bonus mod cards to choose, if I don’t want the discounted car or the $50k.

Where are the longer races? I've been working my way through the single player championships. I've found that doing the rivals races can be fairly profitable as well.

You can change the race length of every race, in the difficulty settings I think.

Administrator
    Yep, it's an option. Just watch out, the endurance special events also are affected, so unless you want to spend 10 hours doing a race, make sure to shorten that up before doing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    You can change the race length of every race, in the difficulty settings I think.
    Its my own fault for not learning this sooner but I'm kicking myself. I can't tell you how many times I've placed 2nd or 3rd in a race and said to myself 'if only I'd had one more lap, I would have caught them'

Administrator
    New update came out yesterday. Has some interesting side effects.

"Please...kill me..."

Uhhhhh

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    "side effects"

Administrator
    924 Turbo got a similar, though not quite as pronounced, effect.