Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Now Forza 7 has it´s Forzathons too:

Administrator
    I hear it even works now, too. Lots of people claiming they weren't getting credit for things yesterday, but so far I've picked up the Mustang and the GT-R LM. I guess I'll get the driver suit too, but meh.

Administrator
    Feh, no it doesn't. Did all three autocross events available and it still tells me that I need to do autocross events.

Quit and restart Forza and it may register in the Forzathon menu.
    I had the same problem.

Administrator
    Hey, sure enough, that did it.

Just waiting a few minutes worked for me.

I picked it up over the weekend and have put in a few hours.

I'm really enjoying single player, the tighter restrictions on cars (homologation) makes for better races vs previous entries. That being said, it'd be nice if they had a more open series in each championship for those that want to do something ridiculous (like drive an S class Mini vs super cars or something).

Making money and getting new cars is definitely more of a grind compared to previous entries, which I personally like. BUT, I could see it being really frustrating for those that mainly play multiplayer and need to buy/test different cars and setups constantly. For single player it's great though, actually feels like I'm earning things, vs having 25 million dollar cars two hours into play.

Graphics on the X1X are absolutely superb. Everything is tack sharp, and the lighting and environmental elements are breathtaking at times. That being said, Forza really needs to move on from 2D trees soon, they really stand out on sunny day tracks, because of how sharp and contrasty everything is. Loading up tracks takes a fair bit of time, but switching between cars is very quick compared to previous games, which is a relief when browsing cars to buy.

Speaking of environmental elements and lighting, the game is very much a tease in terms of dynamic weather/time changes. It seems like the tech is there, but maybe something is holding them back. When you do a rainy race, you go through both dry and torrential downpour moments, and when you do free play you can choose the sort of weather and the timing I think. Some of the night races seem to either start at sunset, or end at sunrise, so there's a bit of a time change element there too. It's not quite the fully day to night, sunny to rain, cycle that'd be nice to have as an option, but it's a step in the right direction. When you're doing mostly short races, it works out perfectly fine. Full dynamic options would be great, though, for longer races.

I'm playing with traction on, stability off, abs on, AI aggression on, and enjoying things in terms of racing. I found when AI aggression is off, they are very tepid and very much stick to the line. When it's on, they make more passes on each other, and will bump a bit. While this much bumping is "unrealistic", it's way more interesting than everyone just sitting in a line going around the track.

At first I was very annoyed by the lootboxes because I thought cars were locked behind them, but I'm unsure if the cars you can get from there are available elsewhere. I don't care about driver outfits, and I haven't used mods much, but it seems like they can help you earn more money, so I might look into them.

I don't like the car collector tier system, mostly because I've never been one for collecting cars. I usually buy what I like for whatever series, and that's about it. As it is right now I'm a good bit of the way through single player, but my car collector number is at like 3 That means there's a lot of cars I'm unable to buy, even if I can afford them.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game as a single player sort of person. There's some annoyances, but it's the best single player experience I've had with Forza in a long time. That being said, I can imagine this game would annoy the hell out of those who are more serious racers, or those who simply want to get whatever car, mod it however they want, and do multiplayer stuff.

Edit: Biggest annoyance so far, is when using rewind, when you resume the race all the AI cars jerk back to the racing line, no matter where they are on the track. This causes some pretty big wrecks at the beginning of a race I'd turn rewind off, but the game no longer lets you restart a race unless you quit or finish, and that's a lengthly process.
    Last edited by Jason; November 14th, 2017 at 07:12 AM.

Administrator
    That, and you no longer get any sort of reward for turning off rewind. Sorta seems to defeat the purpose of that or simulation damage when it comes to single player mode.

Eh, its not really any different than putting any other game on easy/medium/hard... a great many don't give you extra rewards of any functional value.

Administrator
    I suppose. For me, it's a little bit different because the AI are so mind-bogglingly dumb that it's really difficult to get through a race without damage or needing to rewind on occasion, so it's just an exercise in frustration for me to turn those off.