Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Administrator
    I always figured it must be like that because if a car came up in the specialty dealer that I already owned, I'd get like +40 car score instead of +800.

Speaking of, guess I should look at the Forzathons to see what's out there. On the downside, F7's kinda feeling like work again.

Finally picked it up:
    Don't like how it starts (forced to drive supercar, then three separate types of racecars) and the default settings make it a grind (wasn't breaking even on the mods).

Changed to Long races and Pro difficulty (sometimes unbeatable) and started using decent mod cards: much better racing and payouts.
    Audio, visuals, car selection, AI, ... all pretty good. Controller-friendly physics without being too arcadey...

Only complaint is that there's no rpg-element like the old GTs (limited credits, start with a slow car, you notice the performance difference of an extra 5hp, ...)

Am I missing something with mod cards: you sell them for the same price as buying them. Not complaining, just curious if it's a glitch that will be patched later so I stop hording them.

The mod cards were handled completely differently at launch, so it's possible they could change again, but there's not really a reason to horde them.

Pretty significant update yesterday. Also, a BMW M8 GTE car is your free monthly car.

Where do I get editable tunes from?
    Can find a decent forum and the in-game ones are all locked (looking for a F1 and Indy setups).

Finally back into this after a long layoff.

Four free cars in the specialty dealer right now.

2008 Aston Martin DBS

1995 BMW 850CSi Forza Edition

1991 Mazda #55 787B

2005 TVR Sagaris

Administrator
    Huh, not sure what happened, but I fired up F7 this morning and I'm getting maybe 10FPS out of it. Never had performance issues with it before, FH3 and FH4 are running just fine. I haven't seen any evidence of an update, so no idea what's going on.

If you're doing a Drift Challenge that requires an AWD car the Lincoln Continental is an impressive choice.

Administrator
    Weirder - framerate issue remains, but goes away completely when actually racing. It actually almost appears to be tied to whatever determines whether the FPS display is on-screen - if the game is telling me my current FPS, I'm getting rock-solid 60, otherwise it's down to about 10.

So it's playable, but the menus suck.