Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

It didn`t took long:

Wow. Harsh, but vaild.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animalica View Post
    "This video contains content from Discovery Communications, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Blarg.

And from the description of the second vid;
    "Forza 7 is another game proving, categorically, that the "AAA" game industry does remove things from games to sell back to you."

If you can buy the loot boxes with (a non-ridiculous amount of) in-game currency, then I see now difference between that and FH3 wheelspins.
    And Forza has embedded real currency purchases in tokens since F5, and dumb shit like auto map discoveries in FH2.

Administrator
    There's absolutely a difference between the wheelspins and buying the loot boxes. Wheelspins are free (well, I guess you can unlock a perk to pay for them, but still). Cheapest loot boxes are 20K, most expensive are 300K, and of course you never know what you're getting out of any of them.

For me, it's the removal of the idea that you get rewarded for turning off assists. But really, let's put it this way: How do the loot boxes make the game better? How are they an improvement over just earning a reasonable amount of credits per race and having the ability to buy whatever car or whatever race suit. They've already said there will be cars that can only be won through loot boxes. How is this better? How is this not a way to just try to extract more real money out of players (and I know they're only available via CR right now, but they've said that Tokens are coming).

To me, this is entirely negative. Now, it might be mildly negative, but it sure as shit ain't better.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb and a shitty cash grab. And honestly, I'm tired of their continued antics with the ultimate edition and car pass. It's all bullshit. It still amazes me that a car pass doesn't actually give you all the damn car packs.
    But yeah, I'm referring to FH3's perk just keep pumping in-game currency in to continued spins. And unless you go to the auction house and buy one for ridiculous amounts of money, wheelspins are the only way to get certain Horizon Edition cars.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    wheelspins are the only way to get certain Horizon Edition cars.
    That I did not know, and now I'm angry that they were already up to this level of fuckery and it went under my radar. I'm annoyed enough at Forzathons trying to make me play horrible games online, but at least that's just trying to encourage you to play different game modes.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; October 3rd, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I think you can buy them in the Auction house too in FH3?

Junior Potato
    There’s another factor, which is common to every game that uses loot boxes, and it’s the pseudo gambling aspect to it, in products which are marketed to kids.

Every time a game with loot boxes is released, it pushes that boundary just a little bit more, and one day it’ll bite the whole game industry in the arse, and it won’t be pretty.