Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Man, sales must have been rough, if they’re actually listening to the community and making changes.
    If you’re referring to sales of loot boxes, they pulled the ability to pay real money for them back at launch.

I think they’re following the example set by Shadow of War in that it ruined the progression of the game and turned it into a grind, while also destroying that game’s key hook (the Nemesis System) by allowing players to bypass it if they score some good bonuses by paying for loot boxes.

Administrator
    I'm assuming he's referring to the idea that some cars could only be gotten via the loot boxes, which I'm assuming was designed with the idea that you could pay real money to open more of them thereby increasing the chance (but not guaranteeing) that you'd get them.

I still think it's asinine to have unicorn or even rare cars, but I'm coming at this from the angle of a 40-something year old with a full time job and a wife. I like collecting the cars and driving them and get annoyed when, by the time the next Forza comes along two years later, I've gotten maybe 60% of the cars in the previous one. I wish Project Cars was a breakout winner over Forza, because at least you get to drive all the cars you paid real money for right out of the gate. Honestly, it's a better sim with better graphics, at least on the PC, but marketing is a powerful force.

Junior Potato
    Yeah, I guess. PCars is alright, but not the best sim. It’s in a market that’s also filled by the likes of Assetto and iRacing, and they leave it in the dust.

I really doubt Forza has any sort of footing in the PC space. It might be the most popular racer on Xbox, but you don’t buy an Xbox (or a PS4) if you’re a sim racer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    If you’re referring to sales of loot boxes, they pulled the ability to pay real money for them back at launch.

I think they’re following the example set by Shadow of War in that it ruined the progression of the game and turned it into a grind, while also destroying that game’s key hook (the Nemesis System) by allowing players to bypass it if they score some good bonuses by paying for loot boxes.
    I'm referring to overall game sales.

I've seen a few random quotes on reddit that said something like Forza 8/paid expansions aren't in development/or their focus is improving Forza 7 at the moment, too.

https://www.destructoid.com/turn-10-...7-511010.phtml
    Last edited by Jason; July 27th, 2018 at 04:31 AM.

I had Forza on PC (6A and 7) but returned 7 because of the loot boxes. I doubt I'll rebuy it at this point.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Yeah, I guess. PCars is alright, but not the best sim. It’s in a market that’s also filled by the likes of Assetto and iRacing, and they leave it in the dust.

I really doubt Forza has any sort of footing in the PC space. It might be the most popular racer on Xbox, but you don’t buy an Xbox (or a PS4) if you’re a sim racer.
    Oh yeah, I was thinking XBox, not PC. FWIW, I didn't even realize you could get Assetto Corsa for the XBox.

You don’t need to touch a single loot box to play the game. But buying the $30k boxes will get you anywhere from 200%-300% more money on your races.

And if you can do ine single online race a week, they send you either a suit or car, and then usually a unicorn at the end of four series. They also give out cars on Forzathon, and for just turning a time on some Rivals mode events. Twenty minutes a week could easily get you there.
    Last edited by racerfink; July 27th, 2018 at 07:37 AM.

Administrator
    There's a labor day weekend Forzathon thing going on - finish any race (free play, campaign, online, whatever) and get a million credits.

Never seen so much talk about credits in a car game; is all this grinding necessary to get the most out of the game or are you guys trying to buy ever car (I’m assuming you just need a few dozen to get through everything)?

Administrator
    You can get through it with buying very little. Free cars come up pretty often, including top end ones (I haven't actually paid for any of the F1 or LMP cars that I have). But credits are pretty slow in coming, so it's hard to collect cars. I just ran a race with the difficulty cranked, at the longest race setting, with mods adding an extra 200% credits, and a car that added another 50% credits, and after a 45 minute race I brought in about 500,000 credits. If you play it with races at the default setting, you'll usually pull in about 30K or so a race. There are a number of cars that are 1.5M credits, so it takes a while to be able to build out the collection.