TLDR Version: A relatively spacious, serviceable, but definitely not thrilling SUV, with a decent stereo.

Rented from Keddy by Europcar in Langkawi, Malaysia. Needed to haul 2 adults and 2 children around the island, and take our luggage back and forth from the airport. It's not a big place, maybe 30-40 mins from one end of the island to the other.

Engine and transmission: Some petrol engine. Not thrilling but worked OK. Somewhat loud. I didn't bother putting it in S, even when overtaking, as it didn't seem to make a difference.

Steering and Handling: Lifeless, but went the way it was pointed with surprisingly decent grip on (I think) Crosscontacts. "CHASSIS CONTROL" lights up on the dash when you are pushing it, with the relevant tyre(s) highlighted. Actually didn't sway that much given its ride height, which is somewhat impressive. However, and similarly, our 2021 Stepwgn doesn't swya much but is more fun to drive.

Interior: Very basic. No Carplay, but fortunately the stereo's USB input recognised the iphone se 2022 as an "ipod" and was happy to display artist etc. info from it on a basic screen even when playing stuff off Spotify. Sound quality actually not bad when cranking it. No sunroof. Comfortable grey fabric seats which made sense given it is a beachy island. Plastics acceptable but boring for what it was. The air-cond was good.

Practicality: Decent, cubbies in the sides of the door were useful too. No special headlights turning with steering etc. Good sized boot fit all of our stuff (inc. 3 large suitcases) except for one carry-on.

Looks: Silver, boring AF. Hence no picture.

Other stuff: Was good to have something that I didn't have to be TOO worried about going slightly off-road in.

Verdict: B as a family hauler. D- if you prize enthusiasm or excitement of any sort.