Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

I remember "Dear Doctor" (thanks to MR2 Fan's description). A classic Trek moral dilemma.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So, um....when Picard get his Tea, Earl Grey, Hot and it replicates the tea cup, etc. what does he do when he's finished? Does it get "derezzed"?

That's an interesting question. I suppose after Picard ingested drinks or food, there's really no need to goto the bathroom because they could literally just beam the piss or shit out of them too!

Or are you just talking about the tea cups?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I meant the tea cups

Interesting question. It's like "where are the bathrooms on the Enterprise?" I've always figured they must have some near the Transporter Room for use before beaming down to strange new worlds.

Back when I was watching "Enterprise" (which I'd like to get back to), I noticed the crew reaching for cups in cabinets and then putting those under the dispenser/replicator in the galley. I thought that series did a good job of showing us technology that was in between today and the Kirk/Spock/McCoy era - blue jeans, neckties, watching sports recorded back on Earth, etc.
    Last edited by George; February 8th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

Junior Potato
    I’ve just finished watching Discovery and I quite liked it. Some of the plot twists were good enough that I could never quite pick what was going to happen next. I love the way the writers used the most chiselled-in lore and conventions of old Star Trek (which were actually quite progressive and forward thinking in their day) and kept them fresh and unpredictable in this new series.

For a new show it still retains the super-campy low budget TV series staples that were burned into my brain when my mum used to watch TNG, of iffy VFX, ad-break-timed over dramatisations, and that wonderful art of waving-a-box-with-a-dial-at-something-and-it-beeps to provide important plot points. I love it.

Bring on season 2!

Thanks for the review. I look forward to seeing it sometime.

In other Star Trek news, happy birthday to William Shatner yesterday. He is 87 years old (and probably still working). Live long and prosper, Captain Kirk.

Is that... the Vulk?

Junior Potato
    Mr Sprock