Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I mean Discovery got a season 2 also.... (Admittedly I've never watched it, but just heard so many bad things about the first season).

Although honestly MOST Star Trek series have had a rough couple of years before they get good.
    Discovery was and is great.

Wtf?! Discovery is fucking amazing.

Okay, maybe I can start subscribing to CBS all access and binge watch Discovery and the 1st episode of Picard to show my support so that they don't cancel the damn thing...

Picard is really the show that's intriguing to me. For sure he's my favorite ST character of all time... and then seeing them trying to parallel our current political climate... just wondering how it's gonna go down. Earth is just going to pull an earthxit out of the united federation of planets? Will their be a Ferangi Trump or a Romulus Putin? I think the premise is a good one. I do agree Gene Roddenberry probably had things a bit too perfect in TNG... Anyway, I do personally hope that they'll do well and Paramount able to get all of their money back and then some...

As for ST4, my feelings are kinda neutral. I thought the 1st 3 were entertaining..., definitely better than the TNG movies. I'd like to see more of them, but even if not, no huge lost for me. But I most certainly don't want Picard to fail...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 15th, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

I found the Star Trek Beyond movie from 2016 on DVD in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart for $5 just before Christmas. I had my wife sign a To:/From: card from her to me, wrapped it, and put it under the tree for Christmas morning. I can't remember the last time someone gave me such a thoughtful gift.

I also discovered my old Star Trek beach/pool towel that I had as a kid. My mother must have packed it away for me a long time ago.

Thanks, Mom.

Next year, I think I'm going to try to get my wife to give me a thoughtful gift the same way..., but I'll trying to buy something more expensive than $5!

Picard out in 2 days.

Jean-Luc forever!!! Fuck fake Space Wizards!!!

We've been watching through various TNG era things in preparation. Finished up TNG, watched Generations, First Contact, and Insurrection, DS9 finale (I only made it through season 6 of that). Next up is Voyager finale, and then Nemesis.

I thought I had seen everything TNG, but apparently I had never seen Insurrection. I really liked it. It felt like a really well done two part episode.

DS9's finale felt a little flat, as I kinda expected a few more deaths, seeing how they were going straight YOLO at the Dominion. But it was nice to see how it wrapped up after all these years.

Contemplating watching 2009 Trek as well, since it deals with Romulus going boom, but it's a relatively minor part of the story compared to launching the Kelvin timeline.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    We've been watching through various TNG era things in preparation. Finished up TNG, watched Generations, First Contact, and Insurrection, DS9 finale (I only made it through season 6 of that). Next up is Voyager finale, and then Nemesis.

I thought I had seen everything TNG, but apparently I had never seen Insurrection. I really liked it. It felt like a really well done two part episode.

DS9's finale felt a little flat, as I kinda expected a few more deaths, seeing how they were going straight YOLO at the Dominion. But it was nice to see how it wrapped up after all these years.

Contemplating watching 2009 Trek as well, since it deals with Romulus going boom, but it's a relatively minor part of the story compared to launching the Kelvin timeline.
    I'm planning to watch Nemesis again since some of it ties directly into the Picard series, but really dreading it....such a terrible movie

I love TNG, but I don't really like the movies. I could barely remember any of them now... TV episodes were much more memorable and enjoyable.

I also didn't pay as close attention to all the spinoff series either...

Anyway, looking forward to Picard. Hope they didn't hire any Rian Johnson types who'd totally change a character's character for seemingly no good reason...

Junior Potato
    I hope they do, just to make all the fanbois irrationally upset for seemingly no good reason.