Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    You too can download a re-creation of the Enterprise NCC 1701-D and explore it yourself:

https://stage-9.co.uk/

Also, this is old but if you've never seen it, it's new to you, tweets about TNG season 8 (humor):

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8

Been re-watching TNG lately...forgot how many randomly crappy episodes there are. I avoid the Lt. Barclay and Troi's mother episodes specifically.

Another thing I noticed recently is the part where Picard is like "Hail them", and immediately Worf says "no response"........like they ain't even had time to hear the phone ring!!

Recently I've taken to watching a youtuber known as Lorerunner. He does ruminations on lots of movies,video games and is currently discussing ST: DS9 and ST:TNG.

His insight and thoughts are really good, I mean he's able to make sense of hundreds of different things and his ruminations are basically his full time job.

Anyway, so I've been re-watching ST:TNG along and even after 30 years...I don't think the ship or tech feels outdated. That's one thing it has over TOS which felt outdated pretty quickly.

I would still love to have something like the TNG bridge in my house, and of course they're using a lot of touchscreens, ipads (erm, PADDs) and with the holodeck, it all still feels futuristic to me. Yes, the clothing and hairstyle choices do still make it feel like the late 80's early 90's but the rest feels modern.
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; August 30th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.

CBS issued a cease and desist against Stage9, the fan-made CG replica of the Enterprise D.

Fans are upset and understandably so....it seems that Star Wars, even with Disney ownership, lets fans get away with a lot more than CBS or Paramount have.

Yes, technically CBS et. al. have the IP rights to do that, however I think that it's doing a lot more harm than good. Stage9 was 100% free and well made, better than I'm guessing anything CBS would officially do. Yes, I know they did Bridge Crew and while it's ok, it's only one small part of the whole ship.

Never heard of Stage9 before... checked it out on youtube, looks like they did a pretty good job! Makes me want to explore the Enterprise too...

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Recently I've taken to watching a youtuber known as Lorerunner. He does ruminations on lots of movies,video games and is currently discussing ST: DS9 and ST:TNG.

His insight and thoughts are really good, I mean he's able to make sense of hundreds of different things and his ruminations are basically his full time job.

Oh shit, I completely missed this post. I'm one of Lore's patrons! I've been following along his DS9 Ruminations as best I can as well, though finding time to watch is hard. If you're into RPGs he goes REAL in-depth with a lot of lore from various series'. He also has a weekly news show on his streaming channel (he has two channels) which is fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Oh shit, I completely missed this post. I'm one of Lore's patrons! I've been following along his DS9 Ruminations as best I can as well, though finding time to watch is hard. If you're into RPGs he goes REAL in-depth with a lot of lore from various series'. He also has a weekly news show on his streaming channel (he has two channels) which is fun to watch.

I've become a patreon of his as well, and he's answered a few questions of mine, like what he thinks of Jar Jar being a secret sith-lord (he doesn't think it is true) though I still love that idea.

have to say this looks AWESOME!
    Last edited by Alan P; October 7th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.