Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I've been re-watching some of the Star Trek Voyager episodes (I've only seen about half)....got to the episode "Unity" about the colony of former Borg drones....wow, that one is scary AF.

Spoiler:

It's about the colony who aren't borg anymore but still act as their own collective, but in doing so, start to act like the borg, where only being a collective matters and anyone outside of that must be miserable....so they recruit into their "cooperative" for everyone to be happier and healthier, the potential implications of which are horrifying and speaks to how it's possible the borg actually started.........with the best intentions

That trailer is redonkulous!

I'm still not paying to watch it

It’s well worth it just for Star Trek Discovery. Season 1 was great.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I'm still not paying to watch it
    I still feel that way also, but that trailer does look good.

The guy in the yellow tunic at about 1:50/1:51 looks like a young Captain Pike to me, but I'm not trying to start a spoiler discussion. Let those know grin smugly while us poor folk gawk at the redonkulousity of the trailer and wonder why we're voluntarily missing out on a new Star Trek series.

I still have tons of '90s and '00s Trek to watch on Netflix, though. I've been watching some TNG episodes and having mixed feelings as to whether the show is dated or not.

The Romulans look like a furniture upholstery company made their uniforms!

But, then I see people holding things that look like modern smart phones or tablets and using them the same way people do today. That was unexpected.
    Last edited by George; November 20th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I still feel that way also, but that trailer does look good.

The guy in the yellow tunic at about 1:50/1:51 looks like a young Captain Pike to me, but I'm not trying to start a spoiler discussion. Let those know grin smugly while us poor folk gawk at the redonkulousity of the trailer and wonder why we're voluntarily missing out on a new Star Trek series.

I still have tons of '90s and '00s Trek to watch on Netflix, though. I've been watching some TNG episodes and having mixed feelings as to whether the show is dated or not.

The Romulans look like a furniture upholstery company made their uniforms!

But, then I see people holding things that look like modern smart phones or tablets and using them the same way people do today. That was unexpected.

TNG Season 1 and 2 definitely feel more dated to me than 3-7. I love the art style of the Enterprise-D, especially the bridge.

While we're on the subject, I might as well share my favorite TNG episodes

Q Who (The first Borg episode)
    Measure of a Man
    Best of Both Worlds (2 parts)
    Who Watches the Watchers (mostly for one scene with Picard toward the end)
    Yesterday's Enterprise
    The Drumhead
    The Outcast (very relevant to today's society)
    Cause and Effect
    Frame of Mind
    Tapestry
    All Good Things (2 part finale)

Other people claim that The Inner Light is their favorite episode, I find it very weird and uninteresting.
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; November 20th, 2018 at 01:30 PM.

"Yesterday's Enterprise" is the one that got me watching TNG on Netflix while doing chores around the house the last couple of weekends. I stumbled upon it on the BBC-America cable channel recently, which sometimes plays Star Trek marathons on weekends.

I hadn't seen it and didn't know the story, but thought it was strange that [someone] was there, since the on-screen TV guide said it was from 1990. I remembered just enough about TNG from its first couple years (when I was in college and didn't have time or a TV to watch it) to realize something strange was going on.

I enjoyed it thoroughly and had a feeling I had caught one of "the good ones", but didn't quite understand what I had seen until I later went back and watched the whole thing on Netflix, since I had missed the first fifteen or twenty minutes and therefore didn't understand the ending and some of the stuff that wasn't "normal" on the bridge of the Enterprise. It all looked okay to me at first, until I saw the full episode from the beginning.

I'm torn between trying to watch every episode in order, knowing there are some stinkers (as with the original series, certainly), or cherry-picking from any number of Best Episodes lists on the internet, including the one by MR2 Fan above.

I really enjoyed "Unification", parts 1 and 2, and enjoyed seeing Malachai Throne and that other guy who both appeared in TOS. Those Romulan uniforms, however...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I'm torn between trying to watch every episode in order, knowing there are some stinkers (as with the original series, certainly), or cherry-picking from any number of Best Episodes lists on the internet, including the one by MR2 Fan above.
    Difficult to say. For the most part, the episodes are separate without too much continuity involved, so you can mostly skip around and not be lost. Season 3 is where the writing staff and episodes started to really improve

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    May I also highly recommend the remastered TNG Blu-Rays if you have not yet seen them. The HD is so gorgeous, especially the ship models. I got the entire series in a box set a couple years ago.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    May I also highly recommend the remastered TNG Blu-Rays if you have not yet seen them. The HD is so gorgeous, especially the ship models. I got the entire series in a box set a couple years ago.
    Right, they also re-did all of the exterior shots with good quality CGI on those blu-rays