Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

This amused me greatly. The United federation of Fuck It.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wpZ4w

Love it.

I'm an episode behind on Discovery, not sure how I'm feeling. Loved the first two episodes, was intrigued by the third, but the fourth... Meh?

It didn't help they got rid of the best character in episode 2.

Agreed

Jar Jar Binks or the boy with glasses holding the stick?

I don't know. I think it's still a great series. And hey, fresh Trek!!

The latest episodes of both Discovery and Orville were pretty good I Thought.

The time jump episode would have been better if it was centred on the chief engineer rather than Michael IMO.

Episode 7 of Discovery is such a throw back. They knocked it out of the park.

The series is really growing on me, the only thing I don't like is the design of the Klingons.

It definitely is easier on the brain just having it be its own timeline too, a lot of little things don't fit.

The final episode of Star Trek Continues (and therefore the final episode of Kirk & crew's original five-year mission) will be released today at 6:00 PM PST.

http://startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html

I am both happy and sad about this for a variety of reasons. To me, the last ten episodes of STC has been as good (and bad, at times) as any "official" ST episode or movie, and certainly as authentic as the most dedicated ST trivia/nostalgia nerd could have ever imagined, so I do take is somewhat seriously. Other than Longmire and Luke Cage on Netflix, this is the only TV series I've made time to watch in the last few years, so I'm sad to see it go.

I wonder how they'll end it? I don't mean the current storyline/mystery that they've developed over the last few episodes, but how will the five-year mission end?

Will they go back to a spacedock near Earth? Will we see the crew arrive in San Francisco? Will we see Spock depart for Vulcan? STC has often been so backwards-focused and fond of tossing out "hey, I remember that!" moments that it wouldn't surprise me to see Spock tell Kirk that he has been and always will be his friend or something equally familiar. They've already teased us with a glimpse of the new white uniforms we saw in Star Trek: The Motion Picture from 1979, for example, so I bet they'll give us something nostalgic.

For those who missed the new uniform bit:

Spoiler:
    Kirk and McCoy are on the bridge and a "call" from an Admiral back on Earth comes in on the main screen. He's wearing one of the new uniforms. McCoy leans over to Kirk and asks, "What the devil is he wearing?" Classic McCoy.

My guess about the last scene:

Spoiler:

The bridge will be fully manned by the usual crew. McCoy and Spock will be standing near Kirk and possibly exchanging insults. Everyone will share a laugh as they often did at the end of episodes. Kirk will have Chekov plot a course for Earth and say either say something sappy, like "let's all go home now". Or, if episode 11 is a tough one, he might reprise his "let's get the hell out of here" line. STC likes to do stuff like that. Then Sulu will "punch it" and we'll see the Enterprise go into warp speed and zoom off the screen.

*roll credits*

That, to me, seems like the easiest and least expensive option, and therefore the most likely.

Last edited by George; November 13th, 2017 at 11:01 AM.