Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    ok I may be an old curmudgeon...
    Welcome to the club!

My kids would probably like that, but I don't think I could stomach much more than that trailer if watching for my own entertainment only.

Looks fine to me. Not everyone in the Universe can be Jean-Luc Picard.

It looks like a joke to me. And that would be fine from some outside group, such as the movie Galaxy Quest (which I haven't seen), but here we have CBS trying to sell two serious ST series along side a Family Guy-style mockery of the franchise.

Obviously the mighty dollar is the motivation for this, as with most things, but I'm not impressed.

I wasn't impressed with this, either, but at least it was an honest effort to continue a popular dramatic series.

Well, I still don’t mind it.

Junior Potato
    Ehhhh I'm on the fence.

Star Wars Rebels and Resistance did well, considering the similarly serious origin of their source material. I haven't watched any Clone Wars so I can't comment on that.

I think this trailer might only be showing the light-hearted funny stuff. If it's anything like the SW kids TV series' it'll have serious content underpinning the slapstick humour, which will be no bad thing.

Strong Final Space vibes: The animation, random singing, blood-sex-and-gore, and buffoons accidentally getting forced to lampoon their way through a galactic calamity. Final Space is pretty entertaining... but I don't know about tying in a beloved genre like Star Trek into it.

Looks pretty funny to me. I think I might enjoy that... however, don't expect me to pay for it!

I still don't think Picard was that great, but I'd gladly pay when the next season comes.

This one... I could just bing watch these after I finish watching Picard and Discovery? So perhaps that's CBS's strategty? To keep me in the service a bit longer

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Honestly, I think a lot of people are trying to compare this to Rick & Morty, but after the first episode I think this is closer to Futurama. Just, instead of merely referencing and lampooning Star Trek, it is Star Trek. It can be a mixture of a legit story line and humor. It was merely the setup episode, but I have no problem with this occupying 25 minutes of my time for some good laughs and stories.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The first episode is up on YouTube:

Get that weak shit off my track

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    wow...it's worse than I thought.

Who is the target audience for this again?