Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

I agree with MR2 Fan. Some real emotional moments there. But what do you expect when you have ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER, as opposed to a bunch of random dudes pretending to be Fake Space Wizards.

Fuck!

CBSallaccess... you want my money? Make it so!

Star Wars had ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    Star Wars had ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER.
    Imma let you finish, but FAKE SPACE WIZARDS had Alec Guinness and James Earl Jones and McGregor and Sam Jackson and Liam Neeson and Christopher Lee who are (were) great actors. Plus Ford, Hamill and a bunch of others who are genuinely good comedy actors.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Picard Episode 1 question

Spoiler:
    So are they referencing LAL in this episode? I'm still confused

If I knew what LAL was...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Spoiler:
    LAL was Data's creation, an android that he made on his own in one episode of TNG

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    *raises hand*

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

Lal and Thann were Vians on the planet Minara II in a particularly awful* third-season Star Trek episode.

I'm not sure which one is Lal in this picture. I guess all Vians look alike to me.

*I say it's awful and have since I first saw it on my parents' black & white TV. However, I once "knew" a serious Star Trek fan on a guitar forum who claimed it was one of Star Trek's best due to some gobbledygook about the human condition he posted in some of our of many ST discussions there. I found him to be a knowledgeable and credible Original Series fan over the years, and only because of him, I'll concede the episode may have its merits. However, to me it is possibly the single most boring and obviously low-budget episode in all of Trekdom.

In case anyone needs something to watch tonight to help get to sleep, may I suggest the episode The Empath?

Sorry (not really ) to hijack the current discussion, but after all, this the Star Trek thread, not just the Picard thread.

I'm glad you guys are diggin' the new series.

I’m assuming LAL refers to the first definition supplied since it is way more relevant here

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the TNG series. But it does ring a bell now.

LOVED the first episode of Picard. Strong emotional ties to the past, and moments of the present/future. Hints of political intrigue. Exploring what’s happened with Romulans and Borg. Further commentary on AI and if synthetics are “real” people. Most of all, I’m just super stoked to have Star Trek going forward again, there’s so many stories that can be told still. I’ve been getting tired of going back and telling prequel stories or reboots. Can’t wait for episode 2.