Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Junior Potato
    TNG is childhood fodder for most of us, I would think. I used to watch a few eps with my mum, as she was a keen Trekkie, and would record it off Channel 9 to watch later. I remember all the characters: Picard, Reiker, Data, La Forge, Robot Guy, Kligon, Qui-Gon, Hot Doctor and Mould Man.

Not really, haha! I was too into Star Wars to really appreciate that weird, benign, not-as-cool-as-Star Wars TV series. I have a better understanding of it these days.

One thing that stands out for me was renting the VHS of one of the TNG movies one weekend: First Contact. The crew found themselves transported back in time to before the earthlings had developed FTL propulsion. They help the 21st century locals get their prototype ship in the air, while at the same time fighting off the Borg, surely one of the most diabolical and formidable villains in all of sci-fi. It’s a great film if you haven’t seen it.

First Contact, aka: the only good TNG movie.

I kinda grew up on TNG and TOS simultaneously. I was 7 when TNG premiered, but I have a very strong childhood memory of watching the VHS of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock on a little 10" TV at my grandpa's house.... The tape began with a trailer for TNG, the "all new crew!" thing, and I definitely remember being skeptical of the old bald guy instead of Kirk.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    After re-watching some TNG stuff lately, I do feel like some of the cast are similar to their TOS counterparts, but not directly.

In other words:

Data = Spock (inquisitive, logical)
    Riker = Kirk (a bit more aggressive, womanizer)
    Worf = McCoy (always suspicious, adds their opinion to most situations)

Those are the only three I consider like that, and it is a bit of a stretch, but just my thoughts

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Pulaski was really meant to be more like McCoy, but they nixed that pretty quick.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

thats true and she did have that vibe but never really fit in, both the character and the actress herself

FYI, I don't know how many of you read the books, but my buddy Jessie has been doing a re-read blog, reviewing each book. Humourously, as well.

http://deepspacespines.com/

BTW, I just watched TNG's "The Inner Light" episode again....I still don't get why it's supposedly the best episode ever (just google it to see what I mean), seems very average to me *shrug*

Because Patrick Stewart.

Not sure I'd rank it as the best ever, but definitely one of the most memorable ones that I'd rank above average.

Living 40 years in a few seconds?

Anyway, length of time is irrelevant, but love is forever!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Living 40 years in a few seconds?
    https://youtu.be/szzVlQ653as