Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Good show last night. Really enjoyed it, even if I might not have written everything the way they did. As always, the production was fantastic - sets, uniforms, music, outer space graphics, etc.

I recommend episode 11 to all ST fans, regardless of whether you've seen any of the previous ten episodes.

One neat thing was that they explained an ongoing Star Trek mystery that I've wondered about since either the first Star Trek movies or The Next Generation (which I haven't seen a lot of). In the original series, we saw many times that the crews of other starships and star base personnel wore the same uniforms as the crew of the Enterprise, yet each vessel or station had its own insignia on the chest of the uniforms. What we now think of as "the Star Trek logo" used to be the unique insignia of Enterprise personnel. How did the Enterprise insignia come to be worn by everyone in Starfleet?

STC did a credible job of explaining that, in addition to a few other cool surprises.

I will miss STC for sure. I'm sure in a few years, when its time for me to re-watch the entire series again, I will include STC. I gladly accept it as canon.
    Last edited by George; November 14th, 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Episode 10 of Disco was great. So was USS Callister.

Let it be known that I am equal opportunity. I found a site where people were raging about the implausibility of stuff in Discovery Episode 11, and was highly amused.

It's set in a universe where people travel at warp speed and everything is based on technobabble. Yet they complain about things bring implausible? Bloody fanboys.

Best series ever.

You were big Highlander II fan as well I'm sure YW.

Everyone, stop what you're doing and watch this now.

I like how they bleeped "Vulcan."

Wow! That is "Vulcan" awesome!

On a lark, I started re-watching ST:TNG at Season 3 on Netflix.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    After the latest episodes of Disco, I wondered if I was watching Twin Peaks again...
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via