Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Star Trek: Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    So every afternoon I tape and watch enough of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman to get the gist of the episode without the temptation to archive it.

The other day I skimmed through the episode about a woman with Leprosy aired. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0565354/

I asked my wife if she thought the primary guest star could be the actress who played Jadzia Dax. (who searches now remind me was Terry Farrell).

But it turns out she was in fact Denise Crosby, who played Tasha Yar in ST:TNG. (And also starred in the series Key West--I actually remember that).

Strange that I was so close but so wrong.

I was going to post this in the Star Trek: Omnibus thread (after first searching it for similar mentions). But there isn't one.
    Live long and prosper.

STAR TREK FOR LIFE!!!

Still waiting for Star Trek to continue evolving forward vs wallowing in retro reboots.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Agreed, I don't know why they can't go forward and give us a Next Next Generation or something.

I feel like brainstorming on what that would look like, maybe I'll post some thoughts later.

Don't bother, I've already got it covered. #zing

(Just zingin' ya, lay it on us! )
    Last edited by novicius; August 7th, 2017 at 10:06 AM.

the difficult part is that if we have a standard exploration plot for each episode....so many types of stories have been covered by the various series already, so it almost seems like we would need to have an overall narrative.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 50 years post Enterprise-D, they're on the Enterprise-G but the federation has been rocked by a long dormant plague. The only crew not affected in Starfleet are the ones on the Enterprise-G but they have to piece together the clues...how long did the plague lay dormant? Why has it spread to other species? What clues can be found in previous Enterprises?

Avoiding time-travel plots that have been beaten to death already...I think this could be interesting and other exploration could be done as well, while they're looking for clues around the galaxy

On a related note, I have installed Star Trek: Timelines on my ipad and my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I'm thinking something along the lines of 50 years post Enterprise-D, they're on the Enterprise-G but the federation has been rocked by a long dormant plague. The only crew not affected in Starfleet are the ones on the Enterprise-G but they have to piece together the clues...how long did the plague lay dormant? Why has it spread to other species? What clues can be found in previous Enterprises?
    Sounds similar to the ST:TNG episode "The Naked Now".

::

What I want to see is the envelope pushed: in the 26th Century after the Battle of Procyon V, the Enterprise-J is captained by a charismatic Klingon -- and gets destroyed in the pilot show (because Star Trek ), stranding the crew on an alien planet at the outset of their 5-year mission.

But by this point every Starfleet crewmember has a holodeck emitter x100 more powerful than what the Enterprise-D ever had, and our outside-the-box thinking Klingon Captain networks them together to create the first holographic Capital Ship of the Line. Battle damage repairs itself as quickly as it's incurred! Transforming Super Pursuit Mode! Then the power of the ship can also be controlled narratively depending upon how many of the crew are captured/kidnapped/away etc.

Different types of stories and the continued pushing of pop (theoretical) science, yay!

EDIT: Also I want my Redshirts to be trope-destroying unkillable bad asses like this:

Last edited by novicius; August 8th, 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Sounds similar to the ST:TNG episode "The Naked Now".

::

What I want to see is the envelope pushed: in the 26th Century after the Battle of Procyon V, the Enterprise-J is captained by a charismatic Klingon -- and gets destroyed in the pilot show (because Star Trek ), stranding the crew on an alien planet at the outset of their 5-year mission.

But by this point every Starfleet crewmember has a holodeck emitter x100 more powerful than what the Enterprise-D ever had, and our outside-the-box thinking Klingon Captain networks them together to create the first holographic Capitol Ship of the Line. Battle damage repairs itself as quickly as it's incurred! Then the power of the ship can also be controlled narratively depending upon how many of the crew are captured/kidnapped/away etc.

Different types of stories and the continued pushing of pop (theoretical) science, yay!

After The Dark Tower shits the bed in the box office, can I get Idris Elba as my cerebral-yet-firey Klingon Captain? "Luther in Space" anyone? Anyone?