Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

Too nitpicky for sure!

What about Picard’s bald head?!?! That’s super out of place for the future. Surely they’ll be able the beam individual stands of hair back on your head?

As I recall, Gene Roddenberry answered that very question back in '87 or so by saying society won't care about such things in the future.

Society back in the 90s didn't care either!

Patrick Stewart himself might care... along with the show's producers...

I'm glad they decided to just let Patrick Stewart be Patrick Stewart!

Still, in the future, when a man just begin to experience baldness, I'm sure he'd care, right? If there are ways to fix or change that, I'm sure most will make the change. However, if baldness suddenly becomes very rare, maybe it might cause it to be more fashionable and sexy even?

Anyway, enough nitpicking. Back to those episodes, as awesome as they were, I found it surprising that Lt. Cmd. Shelby made so little impression on me. I had to google her up to remind myself what she look like.

Wow! Pretty surreal moment there! I commented something about Capt. Picard, and then Cmd. Riker end up ‘loving’ my comment!

IMG_9113.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 27th, 2024 at 07:05 AM.

^ Wow. That is cool.

I see what you mean about Picard, having watched a lot of TNG lately on Pluto. I grew up with Kirk, but he was more of an action hero than a father figure.

Unlike young Kirk on TV before the TOS movies, Picard has gravitas. He never loses his cool (that I have seen so far) and you can tell people respect him. I was reminded of this recently during the episodes "Redemption, Part I and II" in which he is given a great honor by a foreign power and acts accordingly throughout. Good episodes. And I caught part of "Inner Light" on Pluto the other day but I immediately turned it off, since I've read that's one of the best episodes. I'd rather see it start-to-finish sometime.

Now I need to see "Sins Of The Father" again - don't think I've ever seen that one all the way through. I don't know how it ends...other than from what I learned in "Redemption."

I have Star Trek on Pluto in the background right now while working from home. It's currently "A Private Little War" from TOS, which is the one with a guy in a white gorilla suit with a big horn on his head and spines down his back. You can almost see the styrofoam in his costume. Despite that and some other minor cheesiness, it's a decent episode.

Strange New Worlds content: Dr. M'Benga has a pretty good part in "A Private Little War." There's some good M'Benga/Chapel/Spock interaction. I love how SNW makes me see some things differently now in TOS. For example, in the sickbay scenes in this episode, I was thinking how those three had known each other for many years by this time. That's a viewpoint no one had until SNW came along.
    Last edited by George; March 27th, 2024 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    ^ Wow. That is cool.

I see what you mean about Picard, having watched a lot of TNG lately on Pluto. I grew up with Kirk, but he was more of an action hero than a father figure.

Unlike young Kirk on TV before the TOS movies, Picard has gravitas. He never loses his cool (that I have seen so far) and you can tell people respect him...
    Most likely due to his Shakespearean acting training? His voice, whether trained or natural, was also very... soothing? Hypnotizing? At least to me!

The only bald guy I personally have known in my life is my grandpa, but he passed away when I was young though. Don't remember much about him except how I loved being with him.

Don't really know the exact reason why Patrick Stewart grew on me; however, by the looks of it, his appeal is pretty broad for all audiences, not just specifically to me.

Anyway, I think it's great they experimented with captains with various different personalities. To beat Picard won't be easy though.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    wow