Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Star Trek: Omnibus

William Shatner turned 90 yesterday. Here's a list of 90 facts about him.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...er-actor-facts

Whoa! He is 90 already?!?!

I just discovered the Pluto app on one of our TVs. One (Samsung) has it; the other (Sony) does not. Roku's website says it's available on their devices also. We still have a Roku 3 from just before TVs became "smart" and I like some of the oddball stuff that can be found on it.

It requires an internet connection but it otherwise free. They do have ads but they seem to put them where they'd normally go, rather than inserting them at random like some of the free channels on Roku do, such as PopcornFlix.

Inside the Pluto app is a whole list of channels similar to cable TV or the Roku "live TV" section. One of these is a Star Trek channel! So far I have only seen The Next Generation, but I just discovered it a couple days ago and I don't spend much time in front of a TV anyway. Programs start at the top of each hour just like regular TV. They show a Pluto TV logo screen after each show ends when there's a few minutes before the top of the next hour when the next show starts.

Last night my daughter and I caught TNG: "Sins Of The Father" just as it came on and I could immediately tell it was an important episode. It reminded me of TOS: "Amok Time" in some ways.

Spoiler:

A member of the crew has to go "home". The captain and another senior officer accompany him. The captain ends up becoming more involved than he expected, etc.

I know ST is widely available on Netflix and other places, but there's something cool about seeing it on "live" TV and not being able to choose which episode (or maybe even which series) to watch.
    Last edited by George; April 15th, 2021 at 09:18 AM.